What's for Dinner, Thursday, July 12, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I am not cooking or eating either. I'll grab an early lunch and that'll be my dinner as I have to work graveyard tonight.
what's anyone else making/cooking/eating?​

dw made delicious baked "fried" chicken thighs using kellogg corn crumbs last night, and we made our first risotto together (i chopped the onion, she started it, and stirred in the last cup of stock, and stirred, and stirred, and stirred until it was done.)
so i never got a chance to make the chicken parm. that will be tonight's dinner.
or i may stuff the breasts with the spinach harvested yesterday, along with goat cheese and bake them.

The plan so far is to have bbq chicken drums on the grill. I'll cook some brocolli inside and we'll have the rest of the homemade potatoe salad I made the other night. Sounds like a plan!

Turkey burger patty melts, leftover rice and beans and steamed broccoli. OK, it doesn't sound very good together but it's what needs to be used up!:LOL:

Experimenting...
"Grilled chicken breasts and pasta with Japaleno Cilantro Pesto".
Should be interesting. Tips welcome!

GrillingFool said:
Experimenting...
"Grilled chicken breasts and pasta with Japaleno Cilantro Pesto".
Should be interesting. Tips welcome!

I was saving this for a quick dinner dish, and your ingredients reminded me of:

Pesto-Mozzarella Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Great Grilling

And, dessert:

Grilled-Peach Sundaes with Blackberry Sauce
Great Grilling

Last edited:
We had grilled burgers, hot dogs, corn on the cob with sliced tomatoes and swt.onions. (Son/wife/grandsons came to the lake for a visit). Ice cream for dessert.

YOO-HOO, grillingfool, did you catch the link I posted for grilled chicken breasts stuffed w pesto, mozzarella and roasted red peppers -- and the grilled peach dessert , for tips you asked about? How did you dinner turn out?

I made two chicken kebobs with red & green peppers & onions (from Omaha Steaks), with two little red potatoes and lemon-buttered corn on the cob. I flavored the kebobs with some teriyaki sauce. The kebobs were very good - with big chunks of white meat chicken. I had a slice of their NY cheesecake (w my fresh strawberries in syrup). The cheesecake, sorry to say, was disappointing - very dry and crumbly & small. It was 'on sale' for 'bout $10 & very small - not the size of any cheesecake I've bought/made. The dinner over all was good.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom