What's for Dinner Thursday June 9/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had a "Cold Plate". Tuna salad- tuna, broken up sprinkled with lemon juice, celery, miracle whip and a small amount of yellow mustard on a bed of shredded romaine lettuce. Three Bean Salad w/ green beans, great northern beans, kidney beans, canola oil, red wine vinegar, fresh ground pepper, dill, sugar, pinch salt and slivered purple onion. Town House Crackers with Cheddar Cheese.

View attachment 11144

Last edited:
I had a "Cold Plate". Tuna salad- tuna, broken up sprinkled with lemon juice, celery, miracle whip and a small amount of yellow mustard on a bed of shredded romaine lettuce. Three Bean Salad w/ green beans, great northern beans, kidney beans, canola oil, red wine vinegar, fresh ground pepper, dill, sugar, pinch salt and slivered purple onion. Town House Crackers with Cheddar Cheese.

View attachment 11144
Looks like a light & well balanced meal for a hot summer night.

Last edited:

View attachment 11144
That looks really refreshing. I have everything for that cold plate. I have everything for the bean salad but romaine lettuce, nothern beans and red wine vinegar. All I have are iceberg lettuce, pinto beans and apple cider/balsamic vinegars.

You should post the recipe for your cold plate, especially with the east getting blasted with high temps. Looks like a prefect meal for a HOT day!

This was dinner last night. Homemade (sort of, except for the broth) chicken-vegie noodle soup and BLT'S.

img_1010183_0_3f9d5fe0822523d7f019b96f2e71d879.jpg

img_1010183_1_c146d7944318ba853dc2d80bac35902d.jpg

DD and SIL cooked dinner for us last night. Chicken Parmesan, stuffed shells, salad, garlic toast and strawberry cupcakes for dessert...YUM!

Attachments

• dinner06092011.jpg
    dinner06092011.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 142
  • strawberrycupcake06092011.jpg
    strawberrycupcake06092011.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 146
This was dinner last night. Homemade (sort of, except for the broth) chicken-vegie noodle soup and BLT'S.

img_1010211_0_3f9d5fe0822523d7f019b96f2e71d879.jpg

img_1010211_1_c146d7944318ba853dc2d80bac35902d.jpg
Nice to see you Bean!! I have missed you!! Your dinner looks YUMMY!! I love soup and sammies for dinner.

DD and SIL cooked dinner for us last night. Chicken Parmesan, stuffed shells, salad, garlic toast and strawberry cupcakes for dessert...YUM!
Wonderful Birthday dinner Mama!!

Frozen Salisbury steak & gravy and Stouffer Mac & cheese heated in the microwave and fresh Salad (red and green butter lettuce, vine tomato, mushrooms, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds dressed with garlic and basil vinaigrette) topped with a quick guacamole (avocado, tomato, onion, ground sea salt & peppercorns and lime juice).

img_1010221_0_e86b303cabc982a68581a51f4335af50.jpg
Talk about comfort food! I would need a couch after that meal though.. :LOL: :ermm:. There is nothing wrong with having frozen dinners. I do that when I'm lazy. I love frozen pot pies and french bread pizza from Stouffers.

Talk about comfort food! I would need a couch after that meal though.. :LOL: :ermm:. There is nothing wrong with having frozen dinners. I do that when I'm lazy. I love frozen pot pies and french bread pizza from Stouffers.
Thank you. It was YUMMY. Half the plate was salad. I didn't finish all the mac and cheese.

That looks really refreshing. I have everything for that cold plate. I have everything for the bean salad but romaine lettuce, nothern beans and red wine vinegar. All I have are iceberg lettuce, pinto beans and apple cider/balsamic vinegars.

You should post the recipe for your cold plate, especially with the east getting blasted with high temps. Looks like a prefect meal for a HOT day!

The romaine lettuce was under the tuna salad, any lettuce would work. The original recipe just called for vinegar, I assume cider, I like the red wine. I personally wouldn't use balsamic. Any kind of beans would work, just different colors. I posted the Three Bean Salad Recipe here. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/patty1s-three-bean-salad-72858.html

The tuna salad should be made to your personal tastes. If I had any fore thought on this meal I would have hard boiled some eggs, served quartered.

Last edited:
The romaine lettuce was under the tuna salad, any lettuce would work. The original recipe just called for vinegar, I assume cider, I like the red wine. I personally wouldn't use balsamic. Any kind of beans would work, just different colors. I posted the Three Bean Salad Recipe here. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f11/patty1s-three-bean-salad-72858.html

The tuna salad should be made to your personal tastes. If I had any fore thought on this meal I would have hard boiled some eggs, served quartered.
I forgot to add, I had made Strawberry Jello, but it had not set up yet.:mad:

Back
Top Bottom