What's for Dinner Thursday June 9/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well I pulled out some pork steaks. I'm undecided whether to leave something in the crockpot with BBQ sauce or do some onion gravy and mushrooms. I only hope they leave me some!

I vote for the BBQ Alix! When should I be there for dinner? :LOL:
Actually, I think we will have some baked pasta of some sort with meat sauce and plenty of moz. and parm. cheese! Tomorrow I am going to try my first beer can chicken! :cool:

Mmmmm...dinner will be haphazard tonight. Likely with oldest daughter eating around 430 (off to dress rehearsal for dance recital), youngest and DH eating about 6. Me off to an evening shift at work and eating leftovers about 11pm. Pick your time! We love guests.

Dinner's kinda up in the air tonight. SO thinks it's too hot for a big meal so she wants a salad with cold chicken on it.

I'll just defrost some of the chili verde I made a while back.

I'm kind of in the mood for an antipasto. Maybe I'll go pick up a small one at a pizza shop.

Pasta and some of the meatballs I made a week or so ago. Was going to make pickled cuccumber, but they were out of Persian cukes.:(

Craig

Frozen Salisbury steak & gravy and Stouffer Mac & cheese heated in the microwave and fresh Salad (red and green butter lettuce, vine tomato, mushrooms, sunflower seeds and sliced almonds dressed with garlic and basil vinaigrette) topped with a quick guacamole (avocado, tomato, onion, ground sea salt & peppercorns and lime juice).

img_1010032_0_e86b303cabc982a68581a51f4335af50.jpg

Left overs here tonight. I sliced up the sausages from the other nigh and mixed them in with the left over pasta and grilled vegetables from the other night.

I picked up a container of antipasto fixin's at the deli, so I'll see if it needs some kalamata olives (I'm sure it does) and feta. Then I'll grill a romaine heart and make my salad from that. I'll probably go with vinegar and oil dressing.

Brats on the grill, "brat sauce," and fried potatos. I marinated the brats in apple juice for a couple of hours before putting them over charcoal. Made the sauce from sauteed onions, mushrooms, added a can of diced tomatos, a TBlsp pickle relish, honey mustard and ketchup and let it cook through. Toasted hoagie buns. Good stuff.

Tonight is the last night my son and his family will be here, so we spent most of the day at the pond...fishing. Caught enough catfish for our dinner.

We had deep-fried, cornmeal-breaded catfish, a huge salad with greens, etc. from the garden, steamed Brussels sprouts and iced tea.

Everything turned out great and there was no fish left and everyone enjoyed the fruits of their efforts at the pond.

Reubens using the yummy sauerkraut salad found on DC, homegrown lettuce, and pepperjack cheese.

Had a massage right after work, so got home late. DH ate grilled hotdogs(his favorite)before I got home. Leftover rice pilaf with leftover chicken tossed in and the leftover steamed veg from last night for me. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom