"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #61
Executive Chef
 
Rocklobster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa Valley, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I think the reason I haven't been taking many pictures is that I don't have the room to do it. I always have so many dishes to do, etc. Getting dinner made has been more important lately. When I take pictures, I spend so much time that the dinner isn't served as hot as it should be. After I plate or ladle something, take a few photos, I have to zap it in the micro for about 20 secs.
I serve my plate, then snap about 6 photos. Then eat. After dinner I quickly download, decide which ones I am going to go with , maybe crop them a bit and then upload. Only takes 5 minutes.....
__________________

__________________
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:07 PM   #62
Senior Cook
 
jonnyjonny_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moscow, Russia.
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Bean View Post
I think the reason I haven't been taking many pictures is that I don't have the room to do it. I always have so many dishes to do, etc. Getting dinner made has been more important lately. When I take pictures, I spend so much time that the dinner isn't served as hot as it should be. After I plate or ladle something, take a few photos, I have to zap it in the micro for about 20 secs.
I know what you mean VB but we miss your photos I only tend to faff around because I'm on my own at the moment so if it gets cold then there is only me to complain about it
__________________

__________________
Cooking With Passion Blog
jonnyjonny_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:10 PM   #63
Senior Cook
 
jonnyjonny_uk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Moscow, Russia.
Posts: 445
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I serve my plate, then snap about 6 photos. Then eat. After dinner I quickly download, decide which ones I am going to go with , maybe crop them a bit and then upload. Only takes 5 minutes.....
Kinda how I do it RL, sometimes I even dish up two plates and do all the fancy stuff on one and start tucking into the other whilst I'm taking snaps and then once finished taking the photos I sit in comfort and eat and look at what photos came out best, if still not happy then I have the plate still in the kitchen to try again:) Then I look forward to uploading and sharing with everyone here and having a good natter:)
__________________
Cooking With Passion Blog
jonnyjonny_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:51 PM   #64
Executive Chef
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: va by way of upstate ny
Posts: 4,442
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyjonny_uk View Post
Kinda how I do it RL, sometimes I even dish up two plates and do all the fancy stuff on one and start tucking into the other whilst I'm taking snaps and then once finished taking the photos I sit in comfort and eat and look at what photos came out best, if still not happy then I have the plate still in the kitchen to try again:) Then I look forward to uploading and sharing with everyone here and having a good natter:)


an inspired solution for your food snapshoots, win-win, jjuk! and thank you!

vb, we gratefully anticipate viewing your special and scrumptious meal pics--whenever/however you are able to share them....
__________________
vitauta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 12:58 PM   #65
Certified Pretend Chef
 
Andy M.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 41,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerplantop View Post
No matter what I try mine usually come out kind of square. But they usually get eaten anyway.
I've made and eaten a lot of 'freeform' pizza and can attest the shape does not effect taste.
__________________

__________________
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.