What's for Dinner Thursday Mar 8/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Whole tri tip roast rubbed with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, grilled on stove top cast iron, with sides of wild rice and asparagus.
That one elusive thread got me craving for some.

Mine turned out great! Made sandwiches with sauted onions, mushrooms and a jus. Now it will probably be a long time before I see another tri-tip.:mad:

I use a 2.5 crockpot. Spray the inside with Pam, or just swirl some oil around in it. Aside from the milk and rice, all ingredients are to taste.

4 c milk (from a cow. no almonds or soybeans, plz)
1 cup rice (don't use brown rice. just don't)
grated coconut
vanilla extract
cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
sultanas
honey (or agave nectar, just be mindful to add the agave toward the end, otherwise the whole dish turns a bit salmony in color)

Cook on high for ~3 hours. Serve topped with pistachios, almonds, etc.

Thank you. I guess I won't be making it. I don't own a crock pot and I refuse to have white rice in my house.

You can make it on the stovetop, and you can make it with brown rice, but I just like the convenience (and taste) of my recipe. :)

Shrimps marinated in a Kung Pao Sauce-
Candied carrots- Fried Mushrooms- Macaroni Salad

img_1117182_0_db5beb28213ab5401228271fa60f9a3d.jpg

luckytrim said:
Shrimps marinated in a Kung Pao Sauce-
Candied carrots- Fried Mushrooms- Macaroni Salad

Yumm, LT and JJUK! Everyone's dishes sound great!

Spelunked some black bean and smoked turkey soup and served with crushed corn chips. Kudos to the inventor of the chest freezer!

Epiphany! I used v-8 juice to make my shrimp fra diavlo because I didn't realize until too late that I was out of sauce in my freezer. It was better with the v-8!

Well the plan was to have leftover roast beef, mashed potatoes, and gravy but after I sliced the beef and make the potatoes, I didn't feel like that so I made a huge salad, and put the sliced roast beef on that.

I'm thinking of some soup...don't know what kind yet, i had an unexpected day off today so I was not prepared for even thinking about cooking.

Epiphany! I used v-8 juice to make my shrimp fra diavlo because I didn't realize until too late that I was out of sauce in my freezer. It was better with the v-8!
I like to add spicy V-8 to my vegetable beef soup along with the tomatoes. :yum:

Pizza tonight. Nowhere near as pretty as some of Nestlund's pies, but the flavor and texture was good. It was also the first time I've tried a "no cook" sauce, and I'm very happy with how it came out.

img_1117275_0_dd6dc5e8e7efb4cdc6d17c78ad9e5e58.jpg

img_1117275_1_dd656efeb00ad5de42dd8c3637407c12.jpg

Good looking pizzas.... I was so close to making pizza tonight...

We ordered Chinese delivery.

I made meatloaf, with cayenne pepper...surprised my mom a bit...but yummy. The baby will eat spicy no problem I can feed her food with cayenne and she doesn't bat an eye...

Back
Top Bottom