What's for Dinner Thursday Mar 8/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Sorry, I'm not feeling creative today. Feel free to adjust the title Mods.

I am back to work tonight (waaaaa!) so I'll be leaving dinner for the family. Ken requested chicken cacciatore so I might leave that. The girls might have other ideas though. The base of dinner will be boneless chicken thighs/breasts.

The only part I'm SURE about is dessert. I never got time to bake yesterday so there is a cake being made today. I'm already looking forward to perusing my books and files with a cup of coffee in hand. I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I'm leaning toward something citrusy. I'm not in a chocolate mood.

Well today in Russia is Ladies Day (March 8th) but unfortunately my DW is still in hospital:( Anyway, seeing as it's Pie week in England I wanted to bring back some childhood memories of when we used to go down to Cornwall to the seaside and eat Cornish Pasties. I'd never cooked them before and also always been a bit of a chicken when it comes to pastry but thanks to this site and reading all the info they came out tasting great and look.....well.....rustic I guess you could call it:LOL:

Attachments

• Best.jpg
    Best.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 159
  • Best1.jpg
    Best1.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Best2.jpg
    Best2.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 163
Chicken with peppers, lots of peppers. And maybe some keema for dessert if I can get my hands on some pistachios.

Pizza for us. Grandson is here today so I made some dough and pizza sauce last night. Today Steven and I will have a pepperoni pizza for lunch. Tonight, SO and I will have a Margarita pizza for dinner.

Well today in Russia is Ladies Day (March 8th) but unfortunately my DW is still in hospital:( Anyway, seeing as it's Pie week in England I wanted to bring back some childhood memories of when we used to go down to Cornwall to the seaside and eat Cornish Pasties. I'd never cooked them before and also always been a bit of a chicken when it comes to pastry but thanks to this site and reading all the info they came out tasting great and look.....well.....rustic I guess you could call it:LOL:

golden gorgeous flaky dream pies, i'd call it....:yum::)

They look Yummy!!:yum::chef:

Strawberry spinach salad with feta crumbles & salmon cakes/patties on whole wheat buns with sliced avocado.

All I know is that dinner will revolve around a pork tenderloin. Above that I haven't a clue. I have a mid afternoon doctor's appointment in the City which means we will be getting home at dinner time. I may just do a basic rub, sear it and finish it in the oven or make medallions.

Whatever I do, I have to decide before DH goes for his nap after lunch so I can do any prep.

All your dinners sound awesome! :)

I have red peppers, shrimp, marinara sauce and pasta. So, it will be a shrimp fra diavlo sort of dish. With garlic bread.

Went to Penn Dutch yesterday, mainly for red, yellow and orange bell peppers at $.89 lb. Picked up some pancetta, so tonight it's cabonara. Haven't decided the pasta yet.

All those dinners sound (and look) so good! I'm not cooking tonight. We have enough leftovers in the fridge and it's just my and the yungun tonight. Spaghetti, pork loin, mashed taters, rice, salmon. We'll just nuke whatever sounds good whenever we're hungry.

Catfish pieces poached in garlic butter and dill with a baked potato and mixed greens.

Whole tri tip roast rubbed with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, grilled on stove top cast iron, with sides of wild rice and asparagus.
That one elusive thread got me craving for some.

That sounds yummy. Do you mind sharing a recipe?

I use a 2.5 crockpot. Spray the inside with Pam, or just swirl some oil around in it. Aside from the milk and rice, all ingredients are to taste.

4 c milk (from a cow. no almonds or soybeans, plz)
1 cup rice (don't use brown rice. just don't)
grated coconut
vanilla extract
cardamom seeds, lightly crushed
sultanas
honey (or agave nectar, just be mindful to add the agave toward the end, otherwise the whole dish turns a bit salmony in color)

Cook on high for ~3 hours. Serve topped with pistachios, almonds, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom