What's for Dinner Thursday May 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
well, yesterday got away from me, I never got the baked creamed spinach casserole put together nor baked....instead I ended up frying some onions in bacon grease with a quart of canned yukon gold potatoes. What I did instead of making the spinach casserole was to make a custard for vanilla ice cream. As I type, the electric ice cream maker is churning out a gallon of vanilla ice cream. I am using my home made vanilla with 4 actual beans soaked in the custard...first time I am using home made vanilla in my ice cream.

So today, I hope to not only make the baked creamed spinach casserole, but also cook of some burgers on the grill for tomorrows supper. We have hay on the ground and plan on baling it tomorrow. So supper tomorrow will be late.

What are you cooking today?

have to visit a friend in the hospital today. gonna pick up my favorite hot sub on the way back. little hole in the wall. been there for forty-five years that i know of. always the same and very very good.

Bourbon.....
Chicken fricassee....
Rice....
Cabbage....
Pink-eye Peas....
Yellow Squash....
Cold slices of Vidalia Onion...
Chocolate Ice Cream........

have to visit a friend in the hospital today. gonna pick up my favorite hot sub on the way back. little hole in the wall. been there for forty-five years that i know of. always the same and very very good.

well no sub for me. my friends daughter says she is in really bad shape and out of it, so will wait. i have a serving of the mexican chicken casserole i made earlier in the week. will have to do. was really looking forward to that sub. i am sure she will be fine, mostly problems with morphine reactions.

I made some potato salad early this afternoon - we will have it with cold sliced roast beef and some fresh mangoes....unseasonably hot, hot, hot here. At five this afternoon, it was 98.5 on the patio, with 67% humidity - that calculates to about 120F heat index. Waiting for the rain......

Tonight DD, DH and myself are going to a banquet for her HS Hotel and Rest. Mgmt course. It will be catered by some italian joint so the culinary kids and the mgmt kids get the night off. She is being named mgmt student of the year!! She's so excited and we are proud. She's a senior so next year we will have an empty nest. We're enjoying it while we can.

pork tacos with avocado salsa,chopped onions,lettuce,cheese, some rice,refried beans, and a fruit salad..No dessert my grandkids had it earlier:LOL:
kadesma

My cupboards are pretty bare. I've got about a half-pound of whole shrimp, a few potatoes, plenty of rice, some heads of garlic, noodles and that's about it. :rolleyes: So, maybe something Jambalaya-ish, if I have any tomato paste in the freezer?

The pork tenderloin I had scheduled for yesterday got put off and I cooked it tonight.

I rubbed it with fajita seasoning and grilled it. We had a baby spinach and mushroom salad with a raspberry pomegranate vinaigrette.

Crab stuffed pork roll-ups with a Raspberry Jalapeno sauce!

img_823164_0_eda38c780fc3820c2c2de9b6f1fcf3ba.jpg

my subgum chicken chow mein and katies devil's food cake with cherry pie topping.

img_823167_0_352919203a19e8a68ec61c89fba45578.jpg

img_823167_1_ea81401f2292f2a840d28800c046030c.jpg

Man... great pictures today!
yum.gif

Your chow mein looks incredible. Your cake with cherries.............
drool.gif
thank you sweetie. i posted the chow mein recipe in the chicken forum if you want to try it. it is supposed to have snow peas in it but went to 4 stores and no one had them. i should have went to the farm market but ........ you know how that is. it was still good.

thank you sweetie. i posted the chow mein recipe in the chicken forum if you want to try it. it is supposed to have snow peas in it but went to 4 stores and no one had them. i should have went to the farm market but ........ you know how that is. it was still good.
Yes, I do, actually! :rolleyes:

I'm home sick from work today and tomorrow... Guess what I'm having..................... frozen pizza! :ermm: :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom