What's for dinner, Thursday, May 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
handyman will be here for dinner so can cook more food. chicken fried steak, chinese noodles(out of potatoes) green beans and corn meal muffins with corn and shredded cheese in them.

nothing for dessert though. oh, well

babe:chef:

I have a question for you, Babe, does your handyman make it on time for meals when you cook for him? If so, maybe you should always offer food BEFORE he does the work and he may come on time each and every time you need him! :LOL:

Burgers on the grill. I used "meat-loaf mix" for them. Not suer what what was in it but is was GOOOOD! Also home-made mac salad and some baked beans.

hot roast beef sandwiches from left over prime rib,roasted asparagus, and green salad,with grape tomatoes, chunks of avocado,red onions,cucumbers,quartered hard cooked eggs with an avocado dressing and apple dumplings with cinnamon sauce...
kadesma:)

I made a caesar salad and made some grilled chicken breasts. I also made homemade lemonade - first of the season.

I have a question for you, Babe, does your handyman make it on time for meals when you cook for him? If so, maybe you should always offer food BEFORE he does the work and he may come on time each and every time you need him! :LOL:

you may have an idea there. he does love my cooking. when he starts late and works into the evening, i feed him. course i make him lunch. sometimes he has no way to get here for second day of work and will stay overnight. so then i make him breakfast as well.

he is a very interesting young man and i do enjoy talking to him. i think up projects and he makes em happen . if he would just be on time.!!

babe:LOL::LOL:

Last edited:
dang that sounds just beautiful, have you posted how you do those?
Yep, I was, it was 3 AM when I got up, couldn't sleep and thought what the heck, I'm up so slept no more.:neutral:
Lefse,
I cheat, I use Pillsbury pie dough and then hunt till I find ajar of rum sauce add some cinnamon to it and away we go:LOL: I do plan to make some dough myself,as well as the sauce it's been something I've wanted to do for a long time, but getting sick and all this junk I've been forced to learn has kind of slowed me down..But by golly I am going to do it soon, sure i have to learn about the darn machine for nighttime, but it's going to free up more time for me in the long run so you can bet with a few prayers and going into stubborn mode I will learn to make my own dough and a good sauce..Wish me luck..
kadesma;)

Back
Top Bottom