What's for dinner, Thursday, May 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YOu're up so early Lefse! (or late)

Baseball night. PB&J or frozen pizza.

for tonight, i know the appy, but still not sure about dinner.

i bought a coupla pieces of sushi grade salmon and octopus, so the appetizer will be sake and tako sashimi. (i forgot to get rice vinegar to make sushi, so it'll be sashimi. :huh:)

i'd also picked up a pound or more of 20 count tiger shrimp, and we have 2 beautiful 2" thick porterhouses that are screaming for the grill. so i may do a grilled surf and turf.

the porterhouses will be very simple; just salt and freshly cracked multi-color peppercorns, then on to the hot, oiled grill.

the shrimp will be split and cleaned but the shells left on, and then dusted with garlic and onion powders, sweet paprika, s&p and a pinch of sugar. the on to the searing burner in a grill wok.

if we still have some, i'll grill peaches for dessert.

or, i may just make shrimp marinara. :chef:

Last edited:
Leftover prime rib from Sunday will be made into hash. Also, a green salad and NYT fresh baked bread.

We both work all day and have a play to go to tonight so we're meeting at Subway and grabbing a sandwich to munch in the car.

Think I'll make baked haddock tonight, and have a salad and brown rice as sides.

Our beloved border is leaving on Saturday morning and since DH eats at work on Fridays, this is our last dinner as a "family". So, I am making our border's favourite meal - ribs, baked potatoes corn on the cob and buttermilk biscuits. I am not sure about dessert - either apple crisp or molten chocolate cake. Or, he might just keep eating the snickerdoodles I made last night!!!!!

Tonight I am having the dinner guests I had to cancel last week because our sewer backed up! Fortunately, that is now fixed and functioning nicely.

I'm having boiled and chilled shrimp served over mixed greens with a papaya and mango salsa dressing, bread and an apple tart with home made ice cream. Shrimp is cooked and shelled, salsa is made (oh, it is really good), bread is defrosting and tart is cooling on the counter. Ice cream is in the freezer getting hard (I hope).

Now for a siesta........

Our beloved border is leaving on Saturday morning and since DH eats at work on Fridays, this is our last dinner as a "family". So, I am making our border's favourite meal - ribs, baked potatoes corn on the cob and buttermilk biscuits. I am not sure about dessert - either apple crisp or molten chocolate cake. Or, he might just keep eating the snickerdoodles I made last night!!!!!

I'm votin for the molten cake:wacko:

I have leftover chicken breast from a wine-butt chicken. It will become either fettuccine Alfredo with chicken or sesame noodles with chicken - can't decide. Either way, we'll have green salad from the garden with it.

I have leftover chicken breast from a wine-butt chicken. It will become either fettuccine Alfredo with chicken or sesame noodles with chicken - can't decide. Either way, we'll have green salad from the garden with it.
I just bought a bottle of this new asian style salad dressing marinade stuff. It is good enough to drink straight from the bottle, no really...
your chicken reminds me that'd be a good use for it too...I have some in the freezer but must get home first before I can get it out:huh:

Oh, Lefse it is "really runny" the way I make it. And the best part is it makes four and there are only three of us........can you be here around 5:30 our time? :)

i'm cooking mini meatloaves.
smashed taters, & roasted baby carrot, apples fer dessert.

Last edited:
The devil made me do it!

I try to eat healthy. Now and then the devil pays me a visit.
Tonight it's a plated version of frito pie. It tastes so good!

Add a side of guacamole. Avacados are good for the skin, no?

And a few peppers that release those much needed endorphins.

Trouble is I don't drink beer and have no tequila on hand. Can't decide whether chabli or shiraz is in order.;)

Back
Top Bottom