What's For Dinner, Thursday May 30th 2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going out again! Our yungun works at Busch Gardens Williamsburg (plays tuba in the Oktoberfest band) and got us season passes. We'll head up there after lunch, catch the 2 different shows he plays, grab some dinner there (with his discount) and come home. With the season pass, we don't have to open and close the park. We're getting too old to do that anymore and since we don't really ride the rides now it's just as well.

Hi Catfish. Welcome to DC. I see you are just in time for dinner.

I'm making small batch/ half package of ground beef/ hard shell tacos. Got a new jar of Herdez Hot salsa and a can of pintos to smash with a potato masher and add some spices for refried beans. Haven't made this kind in eons.

Temps in the 90s today. It's the start of a four day heat wave. I'm thinking some tuna salad, sliced tomatoes.

The turkey neck stew came out wonderful, tender and flavorful. There was enough to make up a dinner for my next door neighbor who was there for me to get me to a hospital when I had my stroke last week.

GF's birthday today. Going to make her fave. Spaghetti with clam sauce. I am also making up some baked shrimp in escargot dishes for a starter.

Wish your girlfriend are wonderful birthday Rock :)

The dishes you are cooking for her sound lovely, have a great night :)

Wish your girlfriend are wonderful birthday Rock :)

The dishes you are cooking for her sound lovely, have a great night :)
Thank you very much. I will tell her. We just fought over who is going the dishes. Yet to have dessert. Just the two of us tonight. Here was the dinner. I went a bit heavy on the home smoked pork belly in the pasta. but, it is sooo good...

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 154
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 157
Oh my gosh Z.......a stroke? I'm glad you're up to cooking today! Take care of yourself.

Steve is making his recipe for us tonight..http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f21/egg-foo-young-64520.html

Thanks for the inspiration, I will give this one a try!

I need to add some variety to my lo carb eating and this will be a welcome change.

I am thinking that if a few things were swapped around this would make a great omelet for a Sunday brunch! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Thank you very much. I will tell her. We just fought over who is going the dishes. Yet to have dessert. Just the two of us tonight. Here was the dinner. I went a bit heavy on the home smoked pork belly in the pasta. but, it is sooo good...

:yum: That looks great, Rock!

Wow, that all looks amazing, what a brilliant job you have done :)

Smokey spiced roast chicken with mashed potatoes and green beans. Devil's Food Cake with Dark Chocolate Ganache for dessert.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom