What's for Dinner Thursday May 5/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i have some portobello caps that hafta be used soon, so maybe i'll stuff those w/ polenta that i've flavored w/ items i rummage for in my kitchen. maybe slice an heirloom tomato & s/p them as a side-item.

Buffalo wings for me and BBQ wings for James. You could tell from my shopping cart this afternoon that I am in stress eating mode, as I threw 9 bags of WalMart brand Buffalo wings in the cart (their brand is as good as, or better than, Pizza Hut's hot wings and WAY cheaper), and 2 big bags of chips and plenty of salsa. James has decided not to go back to school, so I'm definitely going to have to get back into cooking regular meals, but tonight my mind can only focus on fast, hot, and easy. :)

Breakfast for dinner tonight..not time for a picture as breakfast should be HOT.

Apple wood thick smoked bacon,spinach fontina and roasted garlic chicken sausage links, perfectly fried/steamed eggs on top of shredded potato pancakes, and buttered Thomas English muffins with assorted jams. Fresh cut pineapple too.
I love breakfast any time of day.

Last edited:
We went to The Canadian-Scandinavian Foundation Smørrebrødsfest (open-faced Danish sandwiches party). It was a fund raiser.

We had open-faced Danish sandwiches, surprise, surprise. We had AAlborg Akvavit and Faxe beer with it. Danish pastry for dessert.

There were four sandwiches per person. There were 10 different kinds:
IMG_2823.JPG
plus roast beef and smoked salmon.

Barbara, your signature took me a couple reads, but it's early. ;)

Here's my chicken wings. Bought reduced because they expire today. Or would that be expire again? :rolleyes: I love a good sale.
Seasoned with Penzeys black & red and sauced with a mixture of Ken's blue cheese dressing and sriracha, with the extra drizzled over top. Blue cheese dressing on the carrots and ranch on the wedges. Out of my uses for salad dressing, salads rank on the bottom.

Attachments

• wings 5-5-11.jpg
    wings 5-5-11.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 158
Back
Top Bottom