What's for Dinner, Thursday Nov. 20th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoeV

Washing Up
Well, I have the day off since the truck is in the shop, and I'm trapped like a rat without any wheels (DW has two jobs today and won't be back till mid afternoon).

I pulled out some stew meat from the freezer, so I'm going to make beef stew over wide egg noodles. Since I don't have anything else to do, I think I'll also make the egg noodles from scratch. I haven't done that lately, so it should be fun.

Joe

Today's menu, Thursday 20 Nov 08

Its 7 pm here. I will prepare rice, loitya jhuri (spicy Bombay Duck), Fried potato with cauliflower and mango pickle.

Finishing off the Easy Salisbury Steaks posted here, and also the Montery Jack-Cheddar-Cotija macaroni and cheese from last night.
Man, who knew mac a cheese was so easy to make! Bye bye Blue Box! ;)

It's bar food and drink for me tonight! Bowling night. I hope the snow holds off until I get home.

Barb

DW and the girl are going out to get their hair done. For the boy and me I think I'll make bread crumb coated chicken cutlets sauteed, french fries, and fried eggs... I had a roommate that told me this was a traditional Spanish dish. Can anyone confirm that?

I am about to put together a pot of chili that husband has been asking for. Will have cornbread with it.

img_728995_0_f9e470ed60557daffa7495583b5c81dc.jpg

Last edited:
we will have seconds of the oxtail soup. If it's like most soups..it'll be even better today than yesterday.

JoeV
Good luck with your noodles.
I can't make noodles to save my life.
They turn out hard and fat, no matter how hard I work at them.
But maybe that's the problem. I need a pasta machine that is counter mounted to roll out my dough through, gotta get one,then maybe they'd be edible.:(

Yep, making mine with the $6.99 Thrift Store pasta machine. Such a deal...:LOL:

img_729016_0_552a892022f63d7695c78b8233556e03.jpg

We have the grand kids tonight, so probably cheeseburgers, french fries and green beans. (although I may make small portions of other veggies to try to peak thier interest a bit):)

Quesadillas for them and I, leaving DH the leftovers from yesterday.
fun fun.

My dh got creamed tuna on toast. Gosh, I can't remember the last time I made that. Trying to keep the food bill real lean.

The beef stew and homemade egg noodles with basil came out delicious. Challah bread to sop up the gravy. There was nothing left over, thanks to yours truly.:LOL:

img_729272_0_ba129df5ad114de2e2859d41a2e30c8c.jpg

I'll post the noodle recipe and pics over on the pasta board.

JoeV

Some cheap-o taco shack we are heading to after my work out class and errands.... hope it is good!

burgers on the grill and abts .. DW refused to eat these for about 3 years ..
then one night gave them a shot .. now every time she goes
to the food store she gets the stuff to make them ...

I got surprised! When I came home from work hubby had Cornish hen, mashed taters and some pasta (boxed side dish) ready! It was a nice surprise!

Tonight we ordered extra cheese pizza. I like mine with some red pepper flakes. Nothing too special but some time thats what it takes. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom