What's for dinner, Thursday October 22nd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LPBeier

Certified Cake Maniac
Moderator Emeritus
I am baking cakes all day so will probably put a meatball stew in my new crockpot. You can put it in the oven, under the broiler and even on top of the stove, with an element guard. The stew goes in the oven first and then into the crockpot base. Can't wait to try it.

Oh, and I have to get an apple crisp in the oven sometime too....we are finally out of all the Thanksgiving/birthday desserts!

What are you all having?

I was going to do potatoes and ham but don't have the ham. So I'm going to do the potato casserole with polish sausage and bacon instead.

If you are a purist and don't believe a can of cream of mushroom is worthy, stop right now:LOL:Cuz this group is getting a slow cooker meal that calls for one..You first brown some pork chops then put them into your slow cooker along with some sliced potatoes and onions, chix broth,the dreaded mushroom soup,Dijon garlic thyme and let them go on low for 10 hrs. My family loves this and along with a green salad and some warm rolls everyone is happy. Making an apple pie for dessert.
kades

Last edited:
My boss mentioned spaghetti. If she doesn't clarify, she will get
a hot italian sausage, mushrooms and black olives tomato cream sauce over
linguini, with garlic bread and a salad.
If she does, probably our regular hearty sketti with mushrooms, black and green olives, onions, celery, sweet peppers sauce.

Everything sounds good so I know I must be hungry! LOL.

I think the girls and I are going to have perohe and sausage tonight. I'll do a coleslaw too as I have some cabbage that needs to get used up ASAP.

Just saw the apple pie comment by kadesma and think I might make a chocolate pudding pie for my kiddos. We all love that and they will be excited to see it. I'll top it with chocolate chips and butterscotch chips just to be "fancy".

I'm doing some chicken with balsamic vinegar, garlic and rosemary. To go with it, some oven roasted veggies (red potatoes, green beans and tomatoes) and maybe some nice crusty french bread. :) For dessert I am making a marbled nutella pound cake.

I'm thinking sausage and beans (polish instead of franks) and some cornbread.
This sounded so good, I was actually going to make this tonight, but with hot dogs. I have lettuce and tomato to use up, though.

I'm making Mark a BLT with french fries on white (wheat) bread.

I'm going to have 2 hot dogs and am preparing them differently. I will cut the dogs down the middle, but not all the way through. In the cut, I'll add some sautéed onion, then wrap that in bacon. Then, they get baked for about 15 minutes at 400, but it might be longer. My oven is being a jerk. :neutral: LOL

Anywho, when they come out of the oven, I'm going to roll them up in a warm tortilla will a little mustard and maybe relish.

kind of a weird dinner, but I have a craving for hot dogs and bacon.

we had chicken biryani,a ginger chicken curry with nan bread,batter fried chicken drumsticks,raita,cucumber tomatoe salad.

I'm doing some chicken with balsamic vinegar, garlic and rosemary. To go with it, some oven roasted veggies (red potatoes, green beans and tomatoes) and maybe some nice crusty french bread. :) For dessert I am making a marbled nutella pound cake.

That nutella pound cake sounds delicious.Would love it if you share the recipe!

Lets see...

I see a little bourbon in a glass....
I see some rice on a plate....
I see A couple of Fried Catfish filets on top of the rice....
I see a Creole Sauce on top of it all.....
I see a piece of Garlic/Dill French bread.........
I see Chocolate ice cream in a bowl....

Yep...Things are lookin good!!

Lets see...

I see a little bourbon in a glass....
I see some rice on a plate....
I see A couple of Fried Catfish filets on top of the rice....
I see a Creole Sauce on top of it all.....
I see a piece of Garlic/Dill French bread.........
I see Chocolate ice cream in a bowl....

Yep...Things are lookin good!!

Stop. Now.

I was going to do potatoes and ham but don't have the ham. So I'm going to do the potato casserole with polish sausage and bacon instead.

THAT's what I'll do with my few slices of left over bacon! Thanks! Add it to my sausage and beans tonight, that is.

If you are a purist and don't believe a can of cream of mushroom is worthy, stop right now:LOL:Cuz this group is getting a slow cooker meal that calls for one..You first brown some pork chops then put them into your slow cooker along with some sliced potatoes and onions, chix broth,the dreaded mushroom soup,Dijon garlic thyme and let them go on low for 10 hrs. My family loves this and along with a green salad and some warm rolls everyone is happy. Making an apple pie for dessert.
kades

I am not a purist! Cream of mushroom with pork chops is good stuff. I will have to try your recipe.

Tonight I cooked a Hamburger with Korean Sweet Potato Fries. The burger has a coleslaw that has mashed Korean Sweet Potato.

4036282718_59f81eda27_b.jpg

I never got the meatball stew into the crockpot and decided to leave that for some time DH can have it too. But I had these meatballs and what to do? So I made mini meatball subs (in fresh hot dog buns I was given by my wonderful best friend). I also had some marinara left I wanted to use up so I heated the meatballs in the sauce, thin sliced some mozza and put the whole thing together.

I found out my Dad has NEVER had a meatball sub! I also found out he likes them very much! I learn something new about him almost every day....and most of it is good.:LOL:

I am not a purist! Cream of mushroom with pork chops is good stuff. I will have to try your recipe.
Good for you:) I love food, canned from scratch,out of a box as long as my family enjoy's it so be it:LOL: hope you enjoy this.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom