What's for Dinner Thursday, October 9, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
img_700764_0_3e1e0816ad7a5795af6fadb42cddf93b.jpg
img_700764_1_e1bcafb5d470a9bbe81d36521bd3bc9a.jpg

Lemon Dijon Chicken Breasts with baked potatoes and green beans.

do you put gravy on your fries ?
my family looks at me like i am nits when i do that ....
but its the best ...

When I read it, I just assumed ;)
Gravy on fries is the best! I remember being 15-16 years old... during the week we (us kids) would hit the local Perkins and get fries with gravy on them. It was actually on the menu as an item. That was around the mid-seventies. I never looked back :LOL:

Sauteed some onions, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil, then added a small beef roast and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Cooked it all in the pressure cooker until fork tender. The sauce/gravy was wonderful. Great over mashed potatoes. I'm full and there is enough left for another meal.

just grazing all afternoon, no real dinner. had a cheese sandwich around 2pm. made bread and had a warm piece with butter when it was done. just had two wings left over from last night. maybe a 7up float later. :chef:

It was actually on the menu as an item. That was around the mid-seventies. I never looked back :LOL:

in some jersey diners, fries with gravy are still called "disco" fries, because of their popularity back in the 70's.

last night, dw made steamed cauliflower, mashed spuds, and i grilled a garlic and parsley rubbed london broil.

also, i grilled a bunch of chicken wings, then for a midnight snack i tossed them in buffalo sauce, and ate them with celery and blue cheese. man, grilled buffalo wings are awesome!

in some jersey diners, fries with gravy are still called "disco" fries, because of their popularity back in the 70's.

last night, dw made steamed cauliflower, mashed spuds, and i grilled a garlic and parsley rubbed london broil.

also, i grilled a bunch of chicken wings, then for a midnight snack i tossed them in buffalo sauce, and ate them with celery and blue cheese. man, grilled buffalo wings are awesome!

"Disco fries".... interesting tidbit, BT.
And I can't remember the last time I ate a fried wing. I like them fried, too, it's just that grilling them is sooo much better :) Plus they don't shrink like when you fry them.

Sauteed some onions, garlic and mushrooms in olive oil, then added a small beef roast and a can of cream of mushroom soup. Cooked it all in the pressure cooker until fork tender. The sauce/gravy was wonderful. Great over mashed potatoes. I'm full and there is enough left for another meal.
Katie, I may have to exactly pry this out of you. When son is at our house, I like to make a special dinner. He'd love the looks of this on a plate in front of him very homey.

Back
Top Bottom