What's for Dinner, Thursday, Sept 25, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Leftover Crab & shrimp Lou-i, Lou-i, aaaa salad stuffed in an avocado. It's 'bout 95 degrees out. Whew! (Didya know Macy*s has their Christmas trees up in the Houseware Dept? :wacko:. I better hurry up & pick out my turkey. Merry Christmas everyone LOL.)

pretty simple faire tonight:
4 ingred enchilada's
refried beans
radicchio and gorganzola cheese stuffed tortillini from TJ with browned butter and sage 'sauce' over
cole slaw over tomatos sliced thin
Byron Oglesteens'
**"Banana Supreme Kick" for dessert [hope hubby likes it!]

**just got back from shopping for all the ingreds [sheeshe!]

I've got stuffed peppers in the oven right now. Might make some spaghetti as a side dish.

I decided to go with German potato salad with my sausage sandwiches. I found a pretty simple recipe online. I will just have to halve it..... half to have it? Have to cut it in half? I have to have that setting there? Oh wait, that's another thread :LOL:
Critique to follow.....

Well, I will be the one to say it tonight - I have some chicken out but am not sure what to do with it! LOL!!!

Worst thing is I only have about 45 minutes to put a meal together!

Hot dogs are great!
I just picked up a large bag of locally made dogs yesterday, but I've been jonesin' for some hot dogs in baked beans anyway :rolleyes:
Have you tried one of those Italian hot dogs Jeekins posted a while back? Slitting the hot dog lengthwise and adding sauted onion, green peppers and potato slices to the bun is a great way to jazz up an ordinary hot dog.
Makes you want to break out the cloth napkins :LOL:

Well, I will be the one to say it tonight - I have some chicken out but am not sure what to do with it! LOL!!!

Worst thing is I only have about 45 minutes to put a meal together!

:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
It would be like a day without sunshine :)

an unremarkable dinner: chix from a can & peas from a can with jello/fruit as my dessert, & 2 or 3 lollipops, some candy strawberries.

DWs birthday .. was going to make some steaks ..
but seeing as we are int he middle of a Nor'easter and torrential
downpours .. we will skip the grill tonight .. pepperoni pizza it is ...

Well Pacanis, we DID have a day without sunshine, but I didn't want to disappoint you.

I did figure it out and get it ready only 15 minutes late for our border (DH still not home). I lightly brushed the thighs with a bit of OO and seasoned with salt, pepper and my own garlic mix. I seared them, careful not to burn the garlic or herbs and then just stuck them in the oven.

A mixed greens salad and pan-fried potatoes sliced super thin and layered in the pan so they are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, delish!) rounded out the meal. No dessert.

We ended up having a Manwich night, jazzed up with sauteed peppers, onions, garlic and tomato paste, with a side of green beans. Too much street flooding due to the Nor'easter (how's it going, Q?) to go find takeout. I had to go over some grass to get out of the parking lot from work!

We ended up having a Manwich night, jazzed up with sauteed peppers, onions, garlic and tomato paste, with a side of green beans. Too much street flooding due to the Nor'easter (how's it going, Q?) to go find takeout. I had to go over some grass to get out of the parking lot from work!

called our favorite pizza place .. 2 hour wait for delivery ...
just had a branch penetrate our roof ..
made quesidillas (SP) with left over taco meat ....
fun weekend ahead ...

Wow... sorry to hear about the crummy weather folks. Ours has been absolutely georgeous for more than a week now. We haven't had more than two days strung together without rain all this summer. Well, now fall, until now.

So I was trying out two things tonight; pressure cooker tomato sauce and German potato salad. It was probably a mistake to do them both on the same night, let alone cook the sausage in the PC, too, something I never did before.
The sausage was super tender. I am glad I didn't cut them into bite size pieces before cooking. The red gravy was awesome. I wish I had written down what I did :LOL: And the German potato salad was tasty, but I wouldn't serve it to anyone.... I need to get a handle on how to boil a whole potato. Did you ever see a fish in the water that's been dead a while? That's what my potatoes looked like, stuff hanging off of them, yet they were still "al dente". I don't understand it, my mashed potatoes don't look like that after boiling... So that needs work.

But here it is anyway. It looks like a lot less work than what it was :LOL:
And I figured I might as well smear more roasted garlic on the other side of the mozzarella. Can't have enough roasted garlic.

Attachments

• 9-25-08.jpg
    9-25-08.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 167
Dang Pacanis... you really come up with some awesome looking meals!

I was reading through this thread and man we eat well!!!

I bought these ready made dinners in a bag from Joy of Cooking. We had the noodles and beef tips.. not to shabby for premade bag food.

pretty simple faire tonight:
4 ingred enchilada's
refried beans
radicchio and gorganzola cheese stuffed tortillini from TJ with browned butter and sage 'sauce' over
cole slaw over tomatos sliced thin
Byron Oglesteens' **"Banana Supreme Kick" for dessert [hope hubby likes it!]

**just got back from shopping for all the ingreds [sheeshe!]

I thinks you got all the inspiration you needed!!! Sounds wonderful. What is the Banana Supreme Kick... that sounds yummy!

What is the Banana Supreme Kick... that sounds yummy!
What it is turned out completely 157% a true winner.
Husband just ate his after sitting for 2 hours to let dinner digest.
Dinner was wonderful, but that dessert OML.............
AMAZING/DELECTABLE/TRULY INCREDIBLE
Dh has a friend at work, who adores cooking. Go figure.
Anyway, I sent in many many cookies the other day for him to share at work.
Two days later, dh's friend came in with this 9X13 casserole stuffed to the brim with this dessert. He called it his banana supreme pudding concoction. Dh told me I had to make, oh please honey type thing.
He got me the recipe two days ago but I couldn't read it, or some of it.
He got it for me again yesterday with his friends footnotes.
I gave it his name, the kick is due to the Banana liquor, and it was waiting for him when he got home. I am not sure I've ever had anything so delicious. But then, I'm easy....................:-p

Wow... sorry to hear about the crummy weather folks. Ours has been absolutely georgeous for more than a week now. We haven't had more than two days strung together without rain all this summer. Well, now fall, until now.

So I was trying out two things tonight; pressure cooker tomato sauce and German potato salad. It was probably a mistake to do them both on the same night, let alone cook the sausage in the PC, too, something I never did before.
The sausage was super tender. I am glad I didn't cut them into bite size pieces before cooking. The red gravy was awesome. I wish I had written down what I did :LOL: And the German potato salad was tasty, but I wouldn't serve it to anyone.... I need to get a handle on how to boil a whole potato. Did you ever see a fish in the water that's been dead a while? That's what my potatoes looked like, stuff hanging off of them, yet they were still "al dente". I don't understand it, my mashed potatoes don't look like that after boiling... So that needs work.

But here it is anyway. It looks like a lot less work than what it was :LOL:
And I figured I might as well smear more roasted garlic on the other side of the mozzarella. Can't have enough roasted garlic.

That looks like darn good German potato salad to me! They're not supposed to look like mashed potatoes! :)

Back
Top Bottom