What's for Dinner Thursday Sept 8/11?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Holy cow, I can tell Snip's away. I've started this thread two days in a row now!

Its going to be hot as blazes later in the afternoon today, so my plan is to grill or do whatever I'm doing outside on the BBQ. I've got some lovely pork chops out, and we pulled a few onions out of the garden so there's a start. I have some rhubarb that needs using up so there might be some dessert happening with that. Veggies will be named later. Definitely a salad...I'm craving a caesar salad with lots of garlic to kill the germs that are lingering in my body.

I'm determined to remember to post a picture this time!

I was going to make some Louisiana style lil smokies over rice, but as I was picking up a green pepper at the store their eight piece fried chicken found it's way into my other hand... so now I'm thinking about shredding the remaining pieces and doing something with those. Chimichitos, chicken & biscuits or something.

:clap:I'm holding you to it LP....I love dem pictures. ;)

I haven't the slightest idea what's for dinner tonight so I'm hoping for some inspiration. It's really hot here today also but we've been grilling so much I'm tired of doing that. Hmmmm, maybe I need to turn the AC to cold and pretend it's winter for some "soul food". Thinking, thinking.

:clap:I'm holding you to it LP....I love dem pictures. ;)

I haven't the slightest idea what's for dinner tonight so I'm hoping for some inspiration. It's really hot here today also but we've been grilling so much I'm tired of doing that. Hmmmm, maybe I need to turn the AC to cold and pretend it's winter for some "soul food". Thinking, thinking.

There's always "California Chicken Fried Steak" ;)

Tonight's menu will include Pad Thai with shrimp, some sliced fresh garden tomato and Alix's lemon bars for dessert.

It's cloudy and overcast here with a good chance of rain. I've been craving chili ever since I got my "new" crockpot. (A friend was getting rid of it and it is bigger than my old one which chili always was almost overflowing). Got it cooking right now! I'll make some mayo rolls with it since DH doesn't care for cornbread. He's definitely a Yankee!

Since it's my day off I'll be throwing something in the smoker today. This way I can work on my back yard for a few hours while the smoker is doing its thing and not pay much attention to it. Hard labor, good grub.

Pork chops are brining! The corn stand is still out on the street, I may go get some corn on the cob to go with. I've decided on coleslaw and baked potatoes as our sides. I never got to dessert, so we'll have to stick with ice cream. Awwww...what a shame. :LOL:

Dinner was an assortment of cheeses, meats and fruit - brie, gouda, smoked gouda, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, Wispride port wine cheese spread, pepperoni, dry Italian sausage, red seedless grapes, Paula Red apples, stone wheat thins and sliced Italian bread.

img_1046852_0_f284556898bb113938fb181f57decaee.jpg

It's cloudy and overcast here with a good chance of rain. I've been craving chili ever since I got my "new" crockpot. (A friend was getting rid of it and it is bigger than my old one which chili always was almost overflowing). Got it cooking right now! I'll make some mayo rolls with it since DH doesn't care for cornbread. He's definitely a Yankee!

Don't forget to make yourself a 1 package Jiffy cornbread. Cook it in an 8" CI skillet.

If you don't eat it all, freeze the leftovers. Diced up, it's good in or on tamale pie or meatloaf.:chef:

Ms M, that looks awesome! My kind of food.

Unfortunately thanks to all my asthma medicine food is not agreeing with me today so I will just stick to club soda and apples (yep, the only thing I can eat are apples!).

Dad was at his senior's program and has a big meal there, so will probably just soup or his usual fruit and cheese bread.

DH has requested a chicken salad so that's what he gets!

Easy cooking in the Beier house tonight - which is good because it is cooking outside!

Ms M, that looks awesome! My kind of food.

Unfortunately thanks to all my asthma medicine food is not agreeing with me today so I will just stick to club soda and apples (yep, the only thing I can eat are apples!).

Dad was at his senior's program and has a big meal there, so will probably just soup or his usual fruit and cheese bread.

DH has requested a chicken salad so that's what he gets!

Easy cooking in the Beier house tonight - which is good because it is cooking outside!
Thank you LP.

Hard core comfort from Grandma's large lima beans gently cooked in a mirepoix with smoked sausage and salt pork for additional flavor. It'll make you feel so good you'll hurt.

1/2# little peeled shrimp in a horseradish laden cocktail sauce.

Sinuses are all clear now!

Last edited:
lol, pac. funny how fried chicken just jumps into your cart.

apparently, the call to see the other side of the road is so great that even disemboweled, dismembered, and deliciously fried chicken doesn't stop them. :angel:

lp, sorry you're suffering. hey, ya can't spell apple without lp...
sorry, that's all i came up with.
feel better.

mofet, all i have to day is prrrr, prrrrr, prrrr.

please feed your strays. :)

And I made good use of that fried chicken, too.
It is OK to eat the skin as you are shredding the meat, right?

Attachments

• chicken & biscuits.jpg
    chicken & biscuits.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 138
lol, pac. funny how fried chicken just jumps into your cart.

apparently, the call to see the other side of the road is so great that even disemboweled, dismembered, and deliciously fried chicken doesn't stop them. :angel:

lp, sorry you're suffering. hey, ya can't spell apple without lp...
sorry, that's all i came up with.
feel better.

mofet, all i have to day is prrrr, prrrrr, prrrr.

please feed your strays. :)
:LOL::LOL: ROTFL OK Bucky

Why thank you.
Tomorrow will see a repeat over noodles for lunch. I could eat that stuff 3x/week.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom