"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 09-08-2011, 12:28 PM   #1
Everymom

What's for Dinner Thursday Sept 8/11?

Holy cow, I can tell Snip's away. I've started this thread two days in a row now!

Its going to be hot as blazes later in the afternoon today, so my plan is to grill or do whatever I'm doing outside on the BBQ. I've got some lovely pork chops out, and we pulled a few onions out of the garden so there's a start. I have some rhubarb that needs using up so there might be some dessert happening with that. Veggies will be named later. Definitely a salad...I'm craving a caesar salad with lots of garlic to kill the germs that are lingering in my body.

I'm determined to remember to post a picture this time!

Old 09-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

I was going to make some Louisiana style lil smokies over rice, but as I was picking up a green pepper at the store their eight piece fried chicken found it's way into my other hand... so now I'm thinking about shredding the remaining pieces and doing something with those. Chimichitos, chicken & biscuits or something.

Old 09-08-2011, 12:56 PM   #3
Master Chef

I'm holding you to it LP....I love dem pictures.

I haven't the slightest idea what's for dinner tonight so I'm hoping for some inspiration. It's really hot here today also but we've been grilling so much I'm tired of doing that. Hmmmm, maybe I need to turn the AC to cold and pretend it's winter for some "soul food". Thinking, thinking.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayelle View Post
I'm holding you to it LP....I love dem pictures.

I haven't the slightest idea what's for dinner tonight so I'm hoping for some inspiration. It's really hot here today also but we've been grilling so much I'm tired of doing that. Hmmmm, maybe I need to turn the AC to cold and pretend it's winter for some "soul food". Thinking, thinking.
There's always "California Chicken Fried Steak"
Old 09-08-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
Certified Pretend Chef

Tonight's menu will include Pad Thai with shrimp, some sliced fresh garden tomato and Alix's lemon bars for dessert.
Old 09-08-2011, 01:32 PM   #6
Master Chef

It's cloudy and overcast here with a good chance of rain. I've been craving chili ever since I got my "new" crockpot. (A friend was getting rid of it and it is bigger than my old one which chili always was almost overflowing). Got it cooking right now! I'll make some mayo rolls with it since DH doesn't care for cornbread. He's definitely a Yankee!
Old 09-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #7
Master Chef

Since it's my day off I'll be throwing something in the smoker today. This way I can work on my back yard for a few hours while the smoker is doing its thing and not pay much attention to it. Hard labor, good grub.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:24 PM   #8
Everymom

Pork chops are brining! The corn stand is still out on the street, I may go get some corn on the cob to go with. I've decided on coleslaw and baked potatoes as our sides. I never got to dessert, so we'll have to stick with ice cream. Awwww...what a shame.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Master Chef

Dinner was an assortment of cheeses, meats and fruit - brie, gouda, smoked gouda, blue cheese, cheddar cheese, Wispride port wine cheese spread, pepperoni, dry Italian sausage, red seedless grapes, Paula Red apples, stone wheat thins and sliced Italian bread.

Old 09-08-2011, 06:51 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
It's cloudy and overcast here with a good chance of rain. I've been craving chili ever since I got my "new" crockpot. (A friend was getting rid of it and it is bigger than my old one which chili always was almost overflowing). Got it cooking right now! I'll make some mayo rolls with it since DH doesn't care for cornbread. He's definitely a Yankee!
Don't forget to make yourself a 1 package Jiffy cornbread. Cook it in an 8" CI skillet.

If you don't eat it all, freeze the leftovers. Diced up, it's good in or on tamale pie or meatloaf.

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner