What's for dinner Thursday, September 26, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Conch fritters with homemade cocktail sauce and slaw.

Attachments

• 2019-09-26 17.34.16.jpg
    2019-09-26 17.34.16.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 125
We are in the process of completing a new recipe for tonight's dinner. A friend of mine who has Greek heritage shared a recipe called kreatopita. It's basically a meat pie made with filo dough. SO and I mad it in a 13x9.

We'll be eating a little later than usual as my timing was off. I'll post a photo.

Last edited:
After a long day in the classroom and a stop at the grocery, I didn't have the energy to cook a big meal. I browned up some ground beef with some chorizo. Added a can of corn and a can of black beans along with seasonings. Soft flour tortillas to serve it on with cheese, lettuce and sour cream. Every one made their own when they were hungry.

We are in the process of completing a new recipe for tonight's dinner. A friend of mine who has Greek heritage shared a recipe called kreatopita. It's basically a meat pie made with filo dough. SO and I mad it in a 13x9.

We'll be eating a little later than usual as my timing was off. I'll post a photo.

Well, I failed to take a picture. The dish was different. Layered filo (think paklava) with a seasoned ground beef/cheese/tomato.

My hip was acting up for the first time in months. I couldn't walk very much, so we ordered Chinese. Bbq pork ding, Szechuan fried rice, and a dish with vegis and crispy chicken on top. We also had a couple of egg rolls. Very enjoyable and there are good left overs.

Pepperhead, I've not had chicken livers in chipotle for Mexican food, but that sure does look good!

Taxy and I were on the same page....this afternoon's dinner here was Chinese delivery. :)

Last edited:
I did a scavenger hunt through the fridge, where I had one hot dog and bun, two slices of pizza, some flour tortillas, salsa and remnants of cheese and lettuce, and a few strawberries. Eat it or waste it.

CD

Turkey breast, turnip and potato mash with turkey gravy, and winter squash, dessert was apple pie with vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce. The Elders ate it up. Got the turkey bones roasting in the oven for soup. I think they will miss me when I leave.

I did some really good pork ribs low and slow in the oven and glazed them with Korean barbecue sauce the last 1/2 hr of cooking. We had loaded baked potatoes with them without any salad or anything green. Don't tell my Mom.

Last edited:
Scallops aren't as pretty as usual... Put them into a pan that was not up to temp.... They were delicious, tho'

Scallops, White Rice with a Sweet / Sour Drizzle, Steamed Green Beans and Mushrooms, Side Salas with Sweet Peppers and Jalapeno's...

IMG_1650.jpg

Fried Scallops.jpg

We had a couple of beautiful mahi mahi fillets for dinner last night. I made a sauce with Greek yogurt, homemade Dijon-style grainy mustard, homemade puréed preserved lemon, fresh parsley and S&P and spooned it over the fish. Then I covered them with a mixture of panko bread crumbs, melted butter, more parsley and Penzeys Mural of Flavor. Also made a rice medley pilaf-style with Mural and a small spoonful of preserved lemon. And green beans simmered in chicken broth with Penzeys Fox Point seasoning and minced shallots. It turned out really well.
2019-09-27-10-47-27.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom