What's for Dinner, Thursday, September 4, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was thinking of grilling some chicken thighs, if I get around to cleaning my grill today (getting too many flareups for chicken), otherwise pan fried chicken thighs with mashed potatoes & gravy.

Don't have much of an appetite right now. Looking over some recipes for:

Stracotto (with polenta or rigatoni - I'd rather have a side of gnocci, if I had the time), and cassata cake. Not big on candied fruit, so contemplating using strawberries and ice cream. When I'm stressed, I need to cook everything I can get may hands on. It's either that or go shoe shopping. Let's see which one wins out.

i'm starting to dig potatoes, so I want to make a potato casserole, seeings i'm firing up the oven for some rolls, probably will make a white sauce, add some goat cheese, sliced onions and some smoked ham i found yesterday in the freezer

Going out to dinner. My birthday was monday (1st.) and my husband's is tuesday (8th.), so we usually do birthday dinner about in the middle of the two special days.
I'm thinking Italian tonight.

I'm trying this...
Foster Farms : Recipes
but changing it a little.
Only using thighs, and in the crockpot....
I didn't have apple juice, I used whatever I had made up for the kids, plus lemon and lime juice....
chili sauce not ketchup, added hoisin, soy and teriaki sauce not just soy.
On rice...
I may add some green peppers before its finished.

I was wanting to make the same thing for supper, Suzie! So you're gunna try it in the crock pot? That's what I was thinkin about doing... Should I go ahead and start it then?

Depends... last time I did chicken in the slow-cooker it took maybe 3-4 hours... on high... and it was really dry.... course that was boneless skinless breasts...
but I'm going to check it after 2 and see if I should turn it down.

Beef tips over noodles in wine sauce, with a nice tossed salad and NYT bread to push it around and sop it up. Hot fudge sundae for dessert.

Chicken Mushroom Simplicity Stir Fry..
Only 3 ingredients in the stir fry sauce and its a winner!
Served on noodles with Shanghai style Baby Bok Choy.

Trying something new. The recipe is brewing in my brain. I was given some plums of a friends tree. Very tasty.

I knew I was going to roast some pork loin(still on sale!!)..

It hit me during a boring meeting. Roast pork with spicy plum sauce. The sauce part is brewing. I am thinking this way for the sauce.

Plums diced fine, a couple of hot peppers probably seranno's, cayenne pepper, ginger, allspice, vinegar, brown sugar, splash of Poire William (Pear Brandy). bring that to a boil and thicken a bit.

Start the pork at 500F for 15 minutes. pour the sauce on and reduce the heat and allow it to roast.

If you have any ideas between now and tonight.. let me know. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Jeff

First night of bowling starts tonight. I'll probably eat snack bar food and beer. Ds is working and Dh will be on his own. He'll probably order Chinese.

Barb

I'm trying this...
Foster Farms : Recipes
but changing it a little.
Only using thighs, and in the crockpot....
I didn't have apple juice, I used whatever I had made up for the kids, plus lemon and lime juice....
chili sauce not ketchup, added hoisin, soy and teriaki sauce not just soy.
On rice...
I may add some green peppers before its finished.

Well Suziquzie your post inspired me to do the same! I am not using a crockpot. It sounds good. I am adding some fried rice and steamed broccoli.

Back
Top Bottom