What's for dinner today 1/10 mates

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LT72884

Head Chef
So what are people making for dinner? me, i have no idea. I have school tonight.

ill be digesting how to hack wireless networks and antenna theory.

Maybe ill eat some whole grains and super B vitamins so i can be on top of my game tonight in the class

Got some chicken marinating in fish sauce, hot sauce, lemon juice, ginger, garlic, shallots and chicken stock. I think it is going to become a stir fry, but it might end up as a noodle bowl.....

DH and my son will be having burgers and chips while I will be having oysters. Our daughter would have loved to share with me but she is away on ski camp. DH and my son do not like oysters. I thought to myself, it's that time of year, so why not.

DH and my son will be having burgers and chips while I will be having oysters. Our daughter would have loved to share with me but she is away on ski camp. DH and my son do not like oysters. I thought to myself, it's that time of year, so why not.
OH MAN ski camp. man im jealous. I cant snow board for another season because of my broken leg. I live 30 minutes away from 6 different resorts. oh well hey to the grillin fool. what is fish sauce.

I just looked up fish sauce and the info on it is here....
Thanks for starting the thread LT.
I'm defrosting steaks right now so they'll go into the beef stroganoff that I plan on for tonight. I have to work this weekend and the DH has requested it for dinner. I aim to please. With it the standard plain mashed potes, and lots of green salad too. Just got a truckload of carrots and he loves them candied so I'll do that and present them in a caramel sauce, he'll really miss me when I'm gone if that's the last thing he knows I made.
If I get time, I'll make Scottish Shortbread for him too for the weekend when I'm gone. He loves the stuff and nibbles on it when it's here until it's gone. Our Christmas cookies are all gone except for the chocolate crackles. I have several little zipper baggies of them each containing about 4 or 5 of them that remain. Hum, guess they weren't a winner this year.
Maybe I'll do peanut butter cookies too, again, if time permits. That way he's set.
Y'all have a great Thursday now.................

Lefse, sorry I can't give you any insperation here (from the ketchup thread) cause basically I am stealing your last night's dinner and topping it off with the absolutely delicious leftover Elvis pound cake. That is definitely a keeper!

Have leftover chicken breast from last night and DD requested Chicken Noodle Casserole, so thats what we are having.

DH is having left over cube steak w/onions and mushrooms, baked potato and green beans. I am having tomato soup, baked potato and ice cream. :ROFLMAO: (Sore mouth)

Left overs...

we have bean and ham soup
or porkchops and rice. I'm having the soup...not sure what one
Paulie will pick.

I don't work tomorrow!! Extra day off!!
SO... I might put some kaluha in my hot chocolate for dessert.

Hello everyone (new poster here) I'm getting hungry already, thanks to you! Skillet Chicken Rosemary tonight (minus the mushrooms) - I LOVE the smell and taste of rosemary:

(hmm can't post urls until I'm an established poster, so check out southernfood dot about dot com slash od slash bakedchicken)

Help me think of a side dish; I typically cook up a can of green beans and buttered rolls.

I had to think "on the fly" tonight. Actually, I started thinking about it earlier today, but didn't take any action until I got home.

I browned some chicken legs-and-thighs, using the fat rendered from the chicken skin. Remove from the pan and set aside. Reheat the pan, and dumped in julienned onion, sliced mushroom, minced garlic, salt, pepper, thyme, and sage. Sauteed that. Deglazed with a shot of white wine, and homemade poultry stock. Added a can of cream of mushroom soup (go ahead, flame me. Yes, my name is Allen, and I use Cream of Mushroom.), brought that to a boil. Mixed the sauce with 3 c raw rice in a roasting pan, then shingled the chicken pieces on top. Covered and bake for 1 hour (might have gone for 45, PeppA says the chicken is a little dry).

I served that with some green beans.

It's pretty good. PeppA just went back and claimed most of the extra rice.

Back
Top Bottom