What's for dinner today - Saturday, March 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Howdy mudbug, long time no see.

Supper here is clean out the fridge night. Got some homemade mac n cheese, some spaghetti, and some soup. Big salad is going to be on the table too.

hiya, Alix. sorry I've been away so long. We cleaned out the fridge the other night and had a mish-mash of stuff. Unfortunately, there's still more to finish off - one crab cake, 2 cups or so of taco soup, some chicken veggie-jus, half a bowl of Kung Pao shrimp--you see my problem.....

Uncle B - cornbread sounds good, but you can have the greens. I'll just dip my bread in the likker, if that's OK.

Howdy mudbug, long time no see.

Supper here is clean out the fridge night. Got some homemade mac n cheese, some spaghetti, and some soup. Big salad is going to be on the table too.

I had leftover homemade mac and cheese for lunch. We also have spaghetti, soup and salad in the fridge.....do we live in the same house and I didn't know it? :LOL:

I had leftover homemade mac and cheese for lunch. We also have spaghetti, soup and salad in the fridge.....do we live in the same house and I didn't know it? :LOL:
Could be Laurie, could be! I think we just think alike most of the time!

hiya, Alix. sorry I've been away so long. We cleaned out the fridge the other night and had a mish-mash of stuff. Unfortunately, there's still more to finish off - one crab cake, 2 cups or so of taco soup, some chicken veggie-jus, half a bowl of Kung Pao shrimp--you see my problem.....

Uncle B - cornbread sounds good, but you can have the greens. I'll just dip my bread in the likker, if that's OK.
I make Ken take all the little odd bits that wouldn't make a dinner for lunch. LOL. Poor guy takes some very odd lunches now and then.

NY Strip marinated in canola oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper - grilled over charcoal. Good-ole' sliced potatoes tossed with oil & salt - wrapped in foil and grilled. Romaine & sliced pickling cukes tossed in a homemade parmesan peppercorn dressing.

BBC Steel Rail Pale Ale.

I'm onto a magnum of Yellowtail Pinot Grigio. I've been a fan of it the past couple years, and now people are starting to realize this diamond in the rough. I'm actually having trouble finding 750ml bottles - had to get the magnum. I use it for my standard white cooking wine and table wine.

okay, we were provided a menu at last nights 8th Annual North West Vinton County Port Tasting Association Meeting:mrgreen:

Appetizers;

Crab Rangoon and Shrimp Purses

Smoked Salmon, tomato, onion, capers, on Boston leaf lettuce

Parmesan Fillo Traingles

Proscuitto wrapped Honeydew Melon with Horseradish

Salad Greens with Oil Vinaigrette

Main Course:

Grilled Tenderloin of Beef with Mushroom Gravy

Stuffed Crabmeat Shells with Bechamel Sauce

Two Choices of Grilled Pork

BBQ and

Dry Rub Seasoning