What's for dinner today? Thurs 6/12/14

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Chicken salad for me. Tuna salad for Craig. I'm giving the "flaky bread" recipe from a recent Bon Appetit a try.

Chicken wings and pasta salad. On the grill if it's not pouring rain. Otherwise, in the oven.

Something quick as I have to go back to the farm to try and persuade horse that he wants to come in for the night. He was having altogether too good a time with his lady friends to come in earlier and they aren't supposed to stay out in the field overnight.

The something quick was an ENORMOUS jacket potato with taramasalata. Yum! Fresh fruit salad for "afters"

Of to catch him now.

It's pouring down rain here and there are flood warnings, which can make it difficult for me to get home, so dinner out with friends is canceled for tonight. DH will have to share the steak he bought for his dinner with me ;-) We will also have steamed corn on the cob, a green salad and a few slices of campagne (French country bread) with butter.

Pizza night, delivered. I'm feeling lazy and its to warm to cook anyway.

No idea, but I'm pretty sure it's not gonna be ham again for awhile. Ten pounds of ham is a lot for two people.

Ha! Salad it is. Hold the ham.

Last edited:
Feelin' kinda lazy today. We'll have grilled ham slice, steamed spinach, buttered baguette, and a healthy sampling of the baked beans I made this morning. Iced tea will wash it down and, since we had our dessert before supper (a couple of brews each) no dessert. We'll be full, no doubt.

To honor Brazil's win today in World Cup action, going to assemble Bauru sandwiches - french bread, filled with roast beef, tomatoes, pickles and mozzarella cheese, along with some Brazillian-style black beans with chorizo and sausage.

Way to start out celebrating the World Cup games, Tara.

I took advantage of today's low temps and baked pork chops buried in baked beans and served a pan of cornbread and coleslaw alongside.

Back
Top Bottom