What's for dinner today, Tuesday, 8/18/15?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Craig grilled up a bunch of chicken and some of his homemade poblano chili sausage last night for several meals. Tonight, we'll have the poblano sausage, pencil asparagus, and homemade mac-n-cheese but not sure what cheeses I'll use other than sharp cheddar, have to go freezer diving.

It's so hot here, plus it's the season for afternoon thunderstorms so I told him grilling for several meals at once was a good thing since he only uses charcoal and that takes time to get ready.

Someone should fix the date on this thread.

I cooked an extra pound of bacon the other day when I made potato salad so I'd have plenty for BLTs tonight.

I'll grill up some burgers. Not sure yet what I'll do for sides. Maybe roast up some potato wedges and salads.

Need to catch up on some work around here.I've been lazy.Like that's a bad thing?:LOL:

Tuna salad tonight.Hope that doesn't put me out too much.:ROFLMAO:
I could really get to like lazy.Just sayin'

It's in the 90s. Another day I'll cook quick inside to spare Himself from sweating over the grill. Tomorrow he cooks out, no matter what. BwaHaHa!

I'll fry up some Italian sausage with peppers and onions for supper. A nice, big, cold salad will be there, too.

Dx brought me a rotisserie chix from the market yesterday in addition to the meatloaf slices. What a sweetie!

Well, I learned (probably from here) that shepherd's pie is for lamb, cottage pie is for beef so dinner today must be Chicken Coop Pie.

Leftover veggies, frozen/ thawed homemade chicken gravy (also from Dx), add a few veggies of my own and some chicken. Stir in a little garden herbs for luck, Heat,cook veggies, add it all up until evenly heated, put in a shallow casserole. Top with leftover mashed potatoes with an added dollop of sour cream. Probably have to nuke the taters to make them spreadable.

Making some more of that tomato soup I posted a couple weeks ago.

Another veritable plethora of cherry tomatoes. The vines are starting to look a bit sad though.

We're doing a big Costco run, so we will make it date night and eat out. Haven't decided where to eat yet.

We're doing a big Costco run, so we will make it date night and eat out. Haven't decided where to eat yet.

We find we don't need to eat when we do a Costco run. The free samples, plus a hot turkey sammich on the way out for DH, seem to suffice.

Leftovers. There's one chicken thigh and one pork chop, so I'll give DH his choice. The sautéed veggie mixture I made yesterday was a bit spicy with the red jalapeño; now it's cold, so I'll add another diced tomato, call it salsa and serve it with tortilla chips. I'll probably also make fresh salads.

Or maybe I'll dice up the meat, mix it with the veggies and heat it all up. That would be interesting :LOL:

Last edited:
We find we don't need to eat when we do a Costco run. The free samples, plus a hot turkey sammich on the way out for DH, seem to suffice.
They don't have nearly as many free samples here as in the US. Also, I don't enjoy having to check every danged thing for soy, etc.

Grilled cheddar bratwursts, sliced on leftover onion rolls topped with Swiss cheese and relish. I had leftover cole slaw and some baked beans, so we finished that up and had ice cream and a couple pears for dessert.

I'm running out of leftovers, so it's a store run tomorrow.

Dover Sole and a spinach salad with warm bacon dressing.

20150818_171852.jpg

We went to our local Irish Pub for Brewsky's, fish and chips, black & tan onion rings although I had salad with my fish. They do a perfect light and fluffy batter for the deep fried fish.
Yumm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom