What's For Dinner Tonight 15th August?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I use a fine microplane to zest my lemons for pies and breads. Works great.

I will be looking for the recipe but if you could PM me the link when you do just in case I miss it. Thanks.

I have never made homemade butter but have come close several times. LOL I like stiff homemade whipped cream.
I have been looking, but haven't found a "microplane" that has smaller holes than my flat grater. I have a lemon zester, but that makes long pieces.

Thanks for the microplane reminder. I will be near a chef's supply store this afternoon.

I will try to remember to PM you when I post the recipe.

I have been looking, but haven't found a "microplane" that has smaller holes than my flat grater. I have a lemon zester, but that makes long pieces.

Thanks for the microplane reminder. I will be near a chef's supply store this afternoon.

The one second from left is pretty fine. It has no handle like the others.

img_1176650_0_d2aef216d3cb856845683e953b094971.jpg

taxlady said:

TL, you might check the hardware store for a microplane if you can't find one. That's where they initally came from, an implement for wood projects.

All the best, Harry! Good luck!

after an hour and 45 minute rain delay, we had a great time at the yankee game last night. i was smart and got seats under an overhang so we could sit in our seats and eat during the delay:

img_1176755_0_42173364c3ddbbde81c4a665952280a2.jpg

img_1176755_1_a703ca0d7614232c5e3b0a924377fec9.jpg

img_1176755_2_b80c0470d8ab0a1f2f9027d2ed3e6ce4.jpg

after an hour and 45 minute rain delay, we had a great time at the yankee game last night. i was smart and got seats under an overhang so we could sit in our seats and eat during the delay:
(pix removed)
Glad to hear you had good time. Good looking family.

TL, you might check the hardware store for a microplane if you can't find one. That's where they initally came from, an implement for wood projects.

All the best, Harry! Good luck!

+1 hardware stores are a great place to find them.

If you have a small, locally owned one like Ace or Tru-Value they also usually carry Lodge CI and canning supplies too!

DaveSoMD said:

If you have a small, locally owned one like Ace or Tru-Value they also usually carry Lodge CI and canning supplies too!

As I recall, the wife of a Lee Valley Hardware employee discovered that something that can smooth wood made a great zester. And they made a lot of money from that idea.

Now you guys tell me. I was at the hardware store today. I only looked in the kitchen section. :(

The "good news" is that the health food store was out of lemons, so I won't need to zest any lemon just yet. :ermm::LOL:

thanks, steve. the regular hot dogs were horriffic having been griddled to death. and we got there early. i'm a dirty water dog person, but will deal with a lightly griddled dog. these had a leather skin by 6pm.

but the cbicken fingers eere great! real, whole strips of fried chicken. fries were good as well.

Gettin' ready to hit the sack early tonight, but wanted to pop in and say what a beautiful family you have, Tom! :)

Lee Valley has a good one if you didn't find one.

Dawgluver said:
As I recall, the wife of a Lee Valley Hardware employee discovered that something that can smooth wood made a great zester. And they made a lot of money from that idea.

I said that.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
TL--Lee Valley is here in Ottawa. The founders are friends of mine.

Dawglover--Lee Valley was started in their basement. They worked hard for their money. Two of the most down-to-earth people you could ever hope to meet. The wife is one of my perogie making buddies.

Last edited:
Great seats, sounds like a lot of fun :)

img_1176948_0_42173364c3ddbbde81c4a665952280a2.jpg

img_1176948_1_a703ca0d7614232c5e3b0a924377fec9.jpg

img_1176948_2_b80c0470d8ab0a1f2f9027d2ed3e6ce4.jpg

img_1177021_0_42173364c3ddbbde81c4a665952280a2.jpg

img_1177021_1_a703ca0d7614232c5e3b0a924377fec9.jpg

img_1177021_2_b80c0470d8ab0a1f2f9027d2ed3e6ce4.jpg
Looks like you all had a great time even with the rain. Your son is very handsome.

Back
Top Bottom