What's For Dinner Tonight 28th September?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We had fish, me crawfish enchilladah, rice,beans, fries,bread butter,DH had cajun shrimp,rice,beans,bread butter and both of us had ice tea and peach cobbler and ice cream.
kades

White Wine & herb Braised Chicken over Whipped Potatoes:

8034453489_38a6cbde56_b.jpg

8034454527_e490bd43dd_b.jpg

Might do a write up, I dunno.

We had beef tenderloin steaks, salad, and hasselback potatoes. Then we had chocolate mousse for dessert with some porto.

IMG_3278.JPG

Looks good, gang! I took my daughter out for dinner. We had ordered the calamari for starter when she spotted a friend who said she was going to another friends for a bon fire, which my daughter had already told me about but decided not to go to, then changed her mind and I told her to go but I had to drive her home first 'cus she had to change her clothes so we didn't order mains 'cus we just had to get going and blah blah blah.....I have a hard time keeping up to teenage girls....
So, to make a long story longer, I just had a half order of calamari, some crusty bread......Now I am up at 1 a.m. eating toast and peanut butter.

Looks good, gang! I took my daughter out for dinner. We had ordered the calamari for starter when she spotted a friend who said she was going to another friends for a bon fire, which my daughter had already told me about but decided not to go to, then changed her mind and I told her to go but I had to drive her home first 'cus she had to change her clothes so we didn't order mains 'cus we just had to get going and blah blah blah.....I have a hard time keeping up to teenage girls....
So, to make a long story longer, I just had a half order of calamari, some crusty bread......Now I am up at 1 a.m. eating toast and peanut butter.

Oh, Rock, you should become a stand-up comedian and do a routine on teenage girls - that was absolutely hilarious! Sorry about your dinner though! :)

Home-corned beef brisket (pickled 10 days) with coarse homemade mustard, tomato salad with balsamic vinegar and potato salad with a cider vinegar, oil and bouillon dressing.
Corned beef was lean but tender and not too salty. It was a 2 pound piece, soaked in water for 1 1/2 hours and then simmered in 11 cups of seasoned water for 3 hours.

Last edited:
Poutine would sure hit the spot. It's starting to get brisk weather-wise around here lately. I'll have to see if the local store still carries those vacuum sealed curds.
Pac--that's somewhat ironic--the chip wagons open around Easter and close around Canadian Thanksgiving--so poutine, at least for me, is a "summer" food. (Although I cheat and do make it in the winter--but not a lot of chip wagons on the roadside to tempt me when I'm out and about and hungry).

Pac--that's somewhat ironic--the chip wagons open around Easter and close around Canadian Thanksgiving--so poutine, at least for me, is a "summer" food. (Although I cheat and do make it in the winter--but not a lot of chip wagons on the roadside to tempt me when I'm out and about and hungry).
I'm jealous. We aren't allowed to have street food vendors in Montreal.

White Wine & herb Braised Chicken over Whipped Potatoes:

8034453489_38a6cbde56_b.jpg

8034454527_e490bd43dd_b.jpg

Might do a write up, I dunno.
I can tell you're a pro--that looks mighty tasty (it has taken me all day to get the drool off my monitor--and I live with a Saint Bernard! but it was my drool, not his!).

I'm jealous. We aren't allowed to have street food vendors in Montreal.

No street vendors? That is terrible. They are an institution in Boston. At Fenway, there is one that sells sausages with peppers, onions on an Italian bun. If he wasn't there, I think the game would be cancelled. At every festival the street vendors are all there. And you will see them out there every day selling lunch items. :angel:

No street vendors? That is terrible. They are an institution in Boston. At Fenway, there is one that sells sausages with peppers, onions on an Italian bun. If he wasn't there, I think the game would be cancelled. At every festival the street vendors are all there. And you will see them out there every day selling lunch items. :angel:
We had a mayor named Jean Drapeau who thought street vendors didn't look good, so he had them banned before Expo 67.

dinner

Shaker style cast-iron baked chicken with apple cider cream sauce, baked acorn squash with brown sugar and maple syrup, rice and home baked bread.

Shaker style cast-iron baked chicken with apple cider cream sauce, baked acorn squash with brown sugar and maple syrup, rice and home baked bread.

The chicken sounds interesting and Yumm. Post the recipe please.:yum:

We had a mayor named Jean Drapeau who thought street vendors didn't look good, so he had them banned before Expo 67.

I was at Expo '67. I was just a little tike, but I remember ordering escargot at a fancy (to me) restaurant and the table next to us acting surprised that I ate them... or maybe surprised that my parents would let their kid order snails :huh:

Back
Top Bottom