What's for dinner tonight, 7/15/2017, Saturday?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We used this, this year. It worked great! Well.. I say we when I really meant my fiancés son. He did it this year. We inspected and watched from the side by side. :ROFLMAO: my fiancé is deathly allergic to bees (yellow jackets) now so I try to keep him away from possible attacks!

Yellow jackets are wasps, not bees.

Well, as a beekeeper and master gardener, the distinction is important to me ;)
My bad, sometimes my wording gets a little too heavy. My best friend and my fiancés brother are both beekeepers so I definitely get schooled in the importance! They are now offering beekeeping classes at the local high school which I think is nice.

I'd love to learn more about keeping hives but I have to admit, I'm scared of bees in large numbers.

Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight. I'm thinking something with spaghetti sauce.

WOW...what great looking dinner pics yesterday! Steve, that pic of your Sous Vide steak had my mouth watering - perfectly done and looked so tender.

Everyone's dinner sounds wonderful! :yum: Yesterday was Tyler's 7th birthday party, so after having pizza, a couple of plates of fresh fruit, and cake, I skipped dinner altogether. :)

I'd love to learn more about keeping hives but I have to admit, I'm scared of bees in large numbers.

Not sure what I'm having for dinner tonight. I'm thinking something with spaghetti sauce.
Me too! But his brother said he has only gotten stung once, my best friend said only a couple of times and his uncles teach at the schools. I would be wearing the full bee suit! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Me too! But his brother said he has only gotten stung once, my best friend said only a couple of times and his uncles teach at the schools. I would be wearing the full bee suit! :ROFLMAO:
We always wear the bee suit (we didn't get the pants, but we both have the jackets and hats with veils). I would be shocked if people only got stung a couple times without them. Are you sure they're not just being macho and minimizing what's going on? ;)

What is brush/bush hogging?

In my part of the world a bush hog/rotary cutter/ etc is an implement attached to the back of a tractor that is used mostly to cut grass. Usually 6-8 feet wide. Larger versions can be up to 20+ feet wide and cut tall grass and materiel up to 4.5 inches in diameter. The bigger the bush hog/rotary cutter the bigger the tractor (more Horse power) must be.

We always wear the bee suit (we didn't get the pants, but we both have the jackets and hats with veils). I would be shocked if people only got stung a couple times without them. Are you sure they're not just being macho and minimizing what's going on? ;)
We have watched my fiancés brother, he is not putting on but I sware that man is not scared of anything, maybe it's just luck so far. The best friend? I don't know, she loves her bees more than anything, I don't see reason why she would lie but maybe she does.

In my part of the world a bush hog/rotary cutter/ etc is an implement attached to the back of a tractor that is used mostly to cut grass. Usually 6-8 feet wide. Larger versions can be up to 20+ feet wide and cut tall grass and materiel up to 4.5 inches in diameter. The bigger the bush hog/rotary cutter the bigger the tractor (more Horse power) must be.

We used to do it by tractor but as seen above, my fiancé son works as the groundskeeper for a millionaire and he gets to bring the equipment home from work to use on our farm. It gets around the trees and such much better than the tractor! We were fortunate this year but we sold all of our cows so now the son has free reign of the farm for his horses and donkeys!

We have watched my fiancés brother, he is not putting on but I sware that man is not scared of anything, maybe it's just luck so far. The best friend? I don't know, she loves her bees more than anything, I don't see reason why she would lie but maybe she does.
Well, more power to 'em. I'm not afraid of them, but I do respect what they can do.

Btw, if you're interested in learning about beekeeping without becoming a beekeeper, there's a wonderful novel called "The Bees" by Laline Paul. It describes hive life in detail. Very interesting.

Well, more power to 'em. I'm not afraid of them, but I do respect what they can do.

Btw, if you're interested in learning about beekeeping without becoming a beekeeper, there's a wonderful novel called "The Bees" by Laline Paul. It describes hive life in detail. Very interesting.
Well I'm back to work and the friend said she always wears a suit and she said the brother is stupid if he doesn't :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom