What's for dinner tonight? 9/6 Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Red curry chicken, jasmine rice, salad.

....and the best part is I made it this morning and it was ready at about 10:30! (so guess what I had for lunch! :chef: )

pdswife said:
Too bad you're so far away we'd have you over for Greekster.
Whole lamb roasted over a pit and all the Greek food you can eat. It's a blast.
I have family all over the west (Moses Lake remember?). We'll be out some time. The problem is we fly into Missoula now instead of Seattle or Spokane.

I have had lamb in gyros that was fantastic!

I'm with pdswife on the lamb, it's our favorite red-meat. The fat in the more mature sheep can get rather strong. Be sure to remove it if you are unsure of the age. It helps a bit.

As far as what we had for dinner... a ham sandwhich, on the run. We have a teen at home. Cheerleader, of all things. There was a ballgame this evening, among other of life's chores...... *sigh* finally relaxing with a glass of Chianti...... another *sigh*

Marion

vagriller said:
I have family all over the west (Moses Lake remember?). We'll be out some time. The problem is we fly into Missoula now instead of Seattle or Spokane.

I have had lamb in gyros that was fantastic!

I remember... you'll just have to change your flight plans... to PORTLAND.
Greekster in is Salem Oregon.:):)

Daughter and I had Vegetarian Spring Rolls she made from Weight Watchers Take Out CB. They were gooood! Hubby and son had homemade cream of tomato soup I made, and Grilled cheese - son, tuna salad sand. - hubby.

i slept all day, then had to pull knee deep weeds from the border of my property around the shed. my neighbors haven't mowed the lawn or weed whacked since i cut their lawn for them a few months ago. i don't get it. they bought a $600 poulan lawn mower, used it once, and i think they damaged it running over something in the weeds (a few months after the first time that i cut it for them). the house is a duplex, so there are at least 2 men, and several adult children living there, not to mention the wives and grandmothers. but they don't take care of their property. it's making me crazy.
i turned over a kiddie pool on their yard behind my shed today. it was full of weeds, mud, and water. when i lifted it, a cloud of mosquitos rose up out of it, and chased after me singing their little song of bloodlust.

i think a 3am spraying of roundup all over their yard is in order. :devilish:

anyway, i had no time to cook, so we had takeout from a steakhouse. dw had a greek salad with grilled chicken. i had the open faced sliced steak on garlic bread, garlic mashed, and garlic/evoo sauteed stringbeans.

where's the parsley?

BT, my dh ran into someone a bit like your neighbors a while back. DH was redoing a house for my cousin who is selling the property. After completing the work on the house, he cleaned the yards very good. One neighbor has been very good about cutting the front yard when dh was working so hard, so he cut their yard, then the lady across the street had been very nice and brought him iced tea and complemented the work he was doing. DH decided to cut her yard too, then he cut the front yard of the neighbor on the opposite side of the house. Just as he was finishing, the neighbor where he was cutting drove up and said - "Wait a minute and I will move the stuff in the backyard so you can do that" WHAT???? DH said, No, I saved that for you.

We ended up ordering pizza. Nothing fancy.

But rest easy, pizza-police! It was from an independant pizza place, not a franchise! :ROFLMAO:

John

Our son pressure washed our deck yesterday, and our SIL came and claimed the old hot tub, which is in need of repair. That involved sawing down a small tree, and taking down the privacy screen so they could get the truck in to load the thing.
By the time that was done, nobody felt like cooking. We had plenty of leftovers, but Sonny Boy doesn't like leftovers, so we ordered a Dominoes Pizza. Tasted great.

lulu said:
You know, I'm just not hungry. I have spend th last month OD'ing on Italian foodquote]
i go for months on next to starvation cause i'm not hungry. nothing much appeals to me during my un-hungry days. not a big deal; your appetite oughta return soon.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom