What's for dinner tonight? 9/6 Wednesday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'd like some inspiration about dinner tonight. I am hungry right now but it's early still. Can someone please write what they're preparing so I can see if anything sounds good to me.......

I'm making orange chicken with white and fried rice for myself, fiancee will probably rather eat the leftover crab cakes and mini-pizzas from yesterday. I'm going to cut up some chicken breast into small pieces, triple-bread them and deep fry. Then I'll make my sauce, probably using orange juice concentrate, soy, sesame oil, and maybe a little bit of oyster sauce, green onions, garlic and maybe some celery for crunch, and a touch of cornstarch slurry. I'll thicken it and add the fried chicken and I'll have some tasty chinese food tonight.

You know, I'm just not hungry. I have spend th last month OD'ing on Italian food and I just feel like I am done with eating for a while. Husband picked himself up a sandwich and I am just giving myself a break from food.

Uh-oh, Lulu...don't read this.

We're having Italian sausages w/ sauteed green peppers, onions and mushrooms with some red sauce and topped with lots of provelone, on nice crusty rolls.

Our dairy will be sour cream and potato chips are the starch.

We are having either lamb burgers or lamb balls
with fried or roasted zucchini
and roasted rosemary red potatoes
and sliced fresh tomatoes

either angel food cake or brownies for dessert

Not a clue. I was thinking breakfast but don't feel like cooking today......kind of one of those blah days. Maybe we'll just order out or something. Either that or maybe I'll perk up in a few hours and make a dash for the grocery store.

well I bought (and cooked) a good kilo more than I needed of Cauli and Broc for yesterday C&B Cheese bake, so I`ve kept that and the water I cooked them in, blitzed them of with a Wand Blender, added double cream and cubed potatoes, crushed celery seeds, nutmeg, white pepper, a block of Chicken stock from the freezer, a little garlic and an onion (small).
and that`s the basis for tonights Soup :)

so that`s 2 vegetarian meals in a row for me! :O

be certain, I WILL have a Meat-Fix 2moro though, I`ve already taken the Pork chops out the freezer :)

vagriller said:
Are lamb balls anything like rocky mtn oysters?:ROFLMAO:

lololol...

naw.. they are just lamb meat balls.

Lamb burgers shaped into little balls and fried in olive oil.:chef:

Got in last night and made potato salad, this after noon will make some chicken dipped in panko and potato chips and baked, easy "fried" chicken, I have some asparagus so I'm evooing that and roasting it then topping with parmesan, and avocados stuffed with crab ...dessert, haven't decided yet. too many good peach recipes and I can't pick:ROFLMAO:

kadesma

thanks to an earlier thread I replied to...
we are having tuna casserole... with a veggie and bread...

pdswife said:
lololol...

naw.. they are just lamb meat balls.

Lamb burgers shaped into little balls and fried in olive oil.:chef:

I know, it just sounded funny. Have you ever had lamb meatloaf?

vagriller said:
I know, it just sounded funny. Have you ever had lamb meatloaf?

My MIL made meat loaf so many times when Paul was young that I am not allowed to make it! lol... so, nope. :)

Lamb burgers and lamb meatballs are great... I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in a loaf. Maybe the lamb you were eating was really a full grown sheep?

pdswife said:
Lamb burgers and lamb meatballs are great... I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in a loaf. Maybe the lamb you were eating was really a full grown sheep?

:LOL::ROFLMAO:

It's possible. My wife will not go near lamb anymore. I'll have to get a lamb chop appetizer some time to share with her.

Lamb can be very very good. It's got to be very young though.
Sheep is NOT good.

Too bad you're so far away we'd have you over for Greekster.
Whole lamb roasted over a pit and all the Greek food you can eat. It's a blast.

Back
Top Bottom