What's for dinner tonight, July 19th, Thursday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I won't be home so it'll be something like a salad or take away for me.
The fillet mignon roast that got marinated in coke and catsup yesterday, turned out perfectly. Took a couple of slices off of it and had 1/2 a sandwich as DH didn't get home till after midnight and I was tired of waiting for him. Today for his lunch at work, he'll get last nights' dinner in a bag.:LOL:
The cake is wonderful too, who'd a thunk it?:huh:
So cooking for me won't be happening but bet you will be. What's it gonna be?​

veal alla Milanese, chicory and arugala salad with a white balsamic vinaigrette. It's quick easy light and tasty. (and the veal cutlets were manager's special so...)

We're having breaded baked cod with my own special kinda tartar sauce.

Steamed sweet pea pods - not sweet pea like the flower, but the pea pods just happen to be sweet....:wacko:

and garlic parmesan buns - gotta use up those ole hamburger buns somehow! :rolleyes:

Pork stir fry using Create a Meal. It's the szhueuan kind. Yum!!!
I'm brining the pork too. Create a Meal basically is a package of frozen veggies "cut up red peppers, brocolli ect." and a sauce packet. You supply the meat.

just finished frying some chicken, and it's now in the oven enjoying a bath of sprinkled on white wine, garlic powder, and sprigs of fresh rosemary and dots of butter, in about an hour out it comes to cool for supper. With it pesto with lots of sweet chopped tomatoes on top to mix in..Will do some baby green beans with diced pancetta and butter..Warm french bread and possibly a nice green salad..Dessert just going to saute some bananas with butter and brown sugar and chopped walnuts then top vanilla ice cream with it..

kadesma:)

All the menus sound great. We are having Italian chicken in my little crockpot. I had some grilled chicken left over so I'm heating it with marinara sauce and fresh mozzarella. We will have spaghetti and a big salad. Probably fruit for dessert since the cantelopes, cherries and grapes are so good.

BTW, Lefse, where is the recipe for the cake you mentioned? thanks.

Last edited:
Seared NY Strip steak with a Tennesee bourbon and soy marinade. Sauteed fresh haricot vert in a silky white wine butter sauce sprinkled with peperoncini flakes and a creamy red potatoe and fontina gratin.

Hot sausage sandwhich topped with swiss cheese, home made tangy vinegar slaw, tomatoes and most importantly, French fries. I also reserved some of my fresh cut fries to serve on the side. Squirted some hot sauce and ketchup on it. I feel like I ate a brick of delicious.

It looked very much like this (from Primanti Bro's Resteraunt)

yum.JPG

Last edited:
Barb L. said:
Easy dinner tonight- (going back to lake for 10 days), pulled pork sandwiches, fries and cole slaw.

Aint nothin wrong with that! I did the pork, slaw, fries thing tonight as well.

YT2095 said:
Bratwurst sausages in Tortilla wraps with a sort of gwockermoley.

Id like to have a few of those. Im assuming you made the gauc? Howd u do it.

Our market had some lovely crisp fresh Broccoli Raab, so I bought a big bunch, cut it into 3" long pieces, blanched it, & then sauteed it in some extra-virgin olive oil along with sliced Balsamic-Vinegar-flavored chicken sausages & a goodly amount of chopped garlic & some crushed red pepper flakes. Tossed it with cooked linguini & served with a green salad.

BBQ Mikey said:
Hot sausage sandwhich topped with swiss cheese, home made tangy vinegar slaw, tomatoes and most importantly, French fries. I also reserved some of my fresh cut fries to serve on the side. Squirted some hot sauce and ketchup on it. I feel like I ate a brick of delicious.

It looked very much like this (from Primanti Bro's Resteraunt)

View attachment 2850
boy, although this picture looks great, it really doesn't do justice to how Primanti Bros sandwiches look. They are my absolute sandwich favorite!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom