What's for dinner tonight? Sat. 29/08

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sarah

Head Chef
We are having chicken meatball curry with flat bread,a tomatoe cucumber and onion salad and chicken and bell pepper spicy pasta.For dessert,sweet yellow rice with almonds,coconut and raisins.:chef:

We are going to our daughter's for a cookout. I'm taking a sock- it-to- me cake. I haven't made one in quite a while and need something simple. I'm also taking fresh figs and raspberries.

Savory mini meatballs in a stroganoff sauce, with mushrooms and peas, over egg noodles. Served with a crisp salad.

home made spaghetti. some kinda bread, maybe crackers, a veg. (out of salad stuff )

for dessert, am making an oatmeal, choco bar using eagle brand milk . a new recipe for me.

I had big plans to do baby new potatoes, grill zucchini, fresh wax beans and maybe a steak to go with. Now...everyone but me has plans in the house. Sigh. So...big dinner tomorrow and today I will just have some chicken soup and put up all the beans and cucumbers in sight. I have to do something with the apples too. YIKES! I'm going to be busy. Better have coffee with dinner! ;)

I wanted to do something with shrimp. So I prepped some onion, pea pods, mushrooms and garlic. I sauteed these with some olive oil and butter, then I added the shrimp and deglazed with some vermouth. Tossed it all with some angel hair pasta.

I wish I took a picture. We had company tonight so I made two main courses. 1: Pot Roast with gravy. 2: A cajun style seafood casserole with crab, shrimp, scallops and pasta cooked in a cheesy sauce. (it almost like a turned up mac and cheese).

I wish I took a picture. We had company tonight so I made two main courses. 1: Pot Roast with gravy. 2: A cajun style seafood casserole with crab, shrimp, scallops and pasta cooked in a cheesy sauce. (it almost like a turned up mac and cheese).
That really sounds good! :)

The cheese/mushroom/onion toast I had for lunch carried me through until late last night. I made a cheese sandwich with mayo and lettuce on wheat bread. There wasn't any lunch meat thawed out, and that satisfied my hunger.

Yesterday the market had some really lovely Monkfish filets, so I picked up a couple. Melted some leftover lemon butter from crab legs we had earlier in the week til sizzling hot in a baking dish in a 400-degree oven & added the fish - sliced into medallions. Topped with freshly ground pepper & chopped fresh thyme, & surrounded the fish with quartered fresh Pom Pom mushrooms. In 20 minutes we sat down to quite a nice feast. Served the fish/mushroom/butter sauce over white rice & accompanied by plain buttered whole baby carrots & zucchini batons.

We just had some snacky food. I did make a ciabatta pizza with ham, pineapple and mushroom though at about 2am :LOL: When you get the munchies what to do eh?

home made spaghetti. some kinda bread, maybe crackers, a veg. (out of salad stuff )

for dessert, am making an oatmeal, choco bar using eagle brand milk . a new recipe for me.

When I don't have salad veggies, I eat "Italian Green Beans". It keeps with the Italian theme of the meal.:LOL:

That really sounds good! :)

The cheese/mushroom/onion toast I had for lunch carried me through until late last night. I made a cheese sandwich with mayo and lettuce on wheat bread. There wasn't any lunch meat thawed out, and that satisfied my hunger.

I like cheese and lettuce sandwiches, I eat them on purpose.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom