What's for dinner tonight, Saturday, 1-6-2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Spaghetti sauce w/ or w/o spaghetti, a meat sauce. Potato salad w/eggs. Bags of prepped lettuces, bags of prepped cauliflower and broccoli, a bag of carrot sticks, veggie dip, homemade french dressing, there's a lot of food and not a lot of appetite.

I already know why Steve's food looks so good, because Steve made it and without appreciable effort, it's low carb. My own fault, I didn't send Steve venison. Bad me.:( Steve thank you for sharing your pictures, it gives me both resolve and inspiration.

What a beautiful plate Steve. You can keep the sprouts but I'd like to hear more about that great looking slaw...

Hi K, it's actually super simple. I use a half cup of bottled ranch dressing, a good squeeze of lime juice, and about a tablespoon* of Sriracha sauce. Then toss with your favorite coleslaw vegetables. I normally use the salad-in-a-bag stuff, if I'm just making it for myself.

* In all honesty, I probably use a little more Sriracha than that. I like it on the spicy side.

This was my vegan roasted sweet potato chickpea lettuce bowl.

Attachments

• IMG_20180106_132644.jpg
    IMG_20180106_132644.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 160
Well, Medtran....that looks pretty good to me! :yum:

Steve....that looks mouthwatering. :chef::yum:

Ross...holy moly, I'm sure glad to hear you get tri tips out there in MO....YAY! :yum:

Everyone's dinners sound great.

I had a grilled cheese sandwich and a salad. :LOL::ermm:

Looks like I'm making more split pea soup, this time at my daughter's house. I'll be using 3 lbs of dried split peas and 2 lbs of ham steak this time.

Holy moly, that's a big ol' pot of split pea soup, RF! Must have a lot of SPS fans there. :yum:

Nice looking dinners. Even your Brussels sprouts look good to ME, Steve, but they could use a little bacon. ;)

Kayelle, I'm now finding tri-tips out at our end of the country on occasion. Looks like butchers everywhere are getting the message.

I got a decent picture of the salad, with slight variations in ingredient placement and cutting to accommodate all of our quirks. Olives on the side because there is no way you can pick them out and not know they were there. (Or so I've been told by the olive-hater.)

Attachments

• 20180106_190630.jpg
    20180106_190630.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 118
I bought some ducks on sale a while back and portioned them up..Made this confit out of the leg/back quarters..white beans and pureed butternut squash

Attachments

• 26648303_10156074910269993_2131775838_n.jpg
    26648303_10156074910269993_2131775838_n.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 107
Back
Top Bottom