What's for dinner tonight - Saturday 4/6/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SW rubbed quail with sweet and sour braised pearl onions an grapes over barley risotto and asparagus on the side.

Attachments

• 2019-04-06 19.03.05.jpg
    2019-04-06 19.03.05.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 117
It's the first warm spring day here (where the Kiwis are looking at fall), and so many people are out on bikes, running, walking, etc. Grill dinner is a must!

Marinated steak tips on the grill, potato salad, and a green salad.

I started making dinner and ran out of spoons, so DH is picking up a platter and a wrap from the Middle Eastern place we discovered recently. At least now I have a head start on tomorrow's dinner.

I'm oven baking 3 racks of baby back ribs at Park Drive Bar & Grill tonight!

I'm looking at smoking some St. Louis cut ribs tomorrow, since it is rainy today.

I don't know what to cook tonight. I have plenty of spoons, but it is raining, so grilling is out. Plus, my car is clean, so I don't want to drive to the store -- or anywhere that makes or sells food. My car isn't leaving the garage.

I'll come up with something. It's not like I don't have food in the house. I'm just not "inspired" yet by what I have.

CD

Tenspeed, yip we are in Autumn, winter not far away, wet miserable day here so family arriving in a few hrs. Tonight roast leg of lamb, roast potatoes, parsnips, carrots, pumpkin and kumara. ( sweet tatter) cauli broccoli cheese bake. Peas and gravy. Mint sauce or jelly.
Afters choccy pud.

Russ

I hate living in the sticks...

...I'm not cooking...
Or so I thought. The show ended around 9:30, we hit the road for food shortly after 10. Now where we used to live, 10:00 PM on a Friday or Saturday meant that you were in the middle of late night dining time. Around here, most sidewalks are pulled in by 10:00 PM...even on a Saturday night. After a few futile attempts at finding someplace serving up more than just drinks, and passing on our only late-night option (Applebee's), I ended up pulling a rescue tub of Cuban black bean soup from the freezer and served it up with crusty bread. At home.

Next time we think of date night, we'll skip the show and head out to early dinner. :LOL:

+1 on Roadfix's ribs. Baby backs on the grill. Baked sweet potato for the wife, broccoli slaw for me. Nice glass of Cab to wash it down.

Nice.
I would normally smoke them low and slow or hot and fast outdoors but I was really pressed for time last night so I did them hot and fast, foiled and broiled, in the kitchen oven. My grandkids couldn’t tell the difference as they slathered them in smoke flavored BBQ sauce. :LOL:

I'm looking at smoking some St. Louis cut ribs tomorrow, since it is rainy today.

I don't know what to cook tonight. I have plenty of spoons, but it is raining, so grilling is out. Plus, my car is clean, so I don't want to drive to the store -- or anywhere that makes or sells food. My car isn't leaving the garage.

I'll come up with something. It's not like I don't have food in the house. I'm just not "inspired" yet by what I have.

CD

I'm sure you didn't mean it this way, but using this phrase to announce how healthy you are diminishes the experience of people who live with chronic illness. It was coined to help people like you understand chronic illness, not trivialize it. It's like saying, "I'm not in a wheelchair, I just don't know what to cook tonight."

You might want to read the story it came from again (assuming you've read it before): https://butyoudontlooksick.com/articles/written-by-christine/the-spoon-theory/

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom