What's for dinner tonight - Saturday 4/6/2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

foodlover10

Assistant Cook
First really cold spell here, 8.03am and just lit the fire, loving this weather so am making a beef and potato curry for dinner tonight, will serve with basmati rice, nice meal for such a cold day

So this is Dinner Friday 4/5/2019?

If so we will be have omelets with choice of add-ins - asparagus, mushrooms, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, onion & bacon. I'll be having asparagus & grated Italian cheeses, bacon & tomatoes on the side.

Even if you use the European order of numbers in the date, it still doesn't work. Even if you consider the international date line, it still doesn't work. Foodlover10, did you have a little nip to warm yourself up. Maybe a few nips?

CD:D

I am in New Zealand and that is the way we write the date, it is now 11.24am on Saturday 6 April 2019, sorry got the date wrong in my title lol

I am in New Zealand and that is the way we write the date, it is now 11.24am on Saturday 6 April 2019, sorry got the date wrong in my title lol

They have a hard enough time deciphering 2019-04-06 as Saturday's date. I suggest you write out the month in letters. Otherwise it will just confuse the majority of people here.

Well, at least he has the right date, in his time. So, I guess we Mercans can post our Saturday meals tomorrow... when it is Saturday here.

CD

Another kiwi here huh??
I'm aware of the time difference, when you guys put up what's for tea on your time say Friday tea. It is Saturday here so I post it as a Friday meal. So I don't confuse things. I also call coriander cilantro, so I don't confuse things.

Make sense!!

Russ

Btw wainuiamata is just out of Wellington, our capital city. In the north island, I'm central South Island. The best people come from the South Island,lmao

Russ

I would appreciate if one of you Kiwis would tell me what the stock market did tomorrow.

This is wrong, because you can't have pi day, and everyone loves pi.

22/7 (22 July) is also pi day, just for the majority of the world. Some people call it pi approximation day, but it's closer to pi than 3.14 is.

We had shrimp, avocado and cheese omelettes, topped with sriracha sour cream.. Were delicious.. :yum:

Apples squares with ice cream for later..

Ross

They have a hard enough time deciphering 2019-04-06 as Saturday's date. I suggest you write out the month in letters. Otherwise it will just confuse the majority of people here.
Oh I don't know about the "confused" part. Since this is a U.S.-based forum with a majority of U.S. resident members, it's probably better to play to the masses. ;) Stubborn thinking, I know, but I've been called worse. :LOL:

I'm not cooking, but I have no idea what we'll be eating later. First, it's a rare date night for us. The community theatre one town over is currently doing "Sylvia", so we'll spend the evening with a man, his dog, and his wife. Then we'll be off for a light bite to eat. Details later - maybe.

I post as murican times when on here etc, on Brit sites dates get changed again.
Lotto numbers were/ are for you tomorrow 10,11,12,14,22,28,40. Good luck.

Russ

Oh I don't know about the "confused" part. Since this is a U.S.-based forum with a majority of U.S. resident members, it's probably better to play to the masses. ;) Stubborn thinking, I know, but I've been called worse. :LOL:

^Oh but you sound way too reasonable CG!!:rolleyes:

I'm doing some shallow fried chicken thighs today, and finish on a rack in the oven. Loaded baked spuds and roasted asparagus will round out the plate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom