What's For Dinner Tonight, Sunday 23rd December?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kylie1969

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight we are having grilled salmon with a garden salad :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to try a Beef Curry recipe in my pressure cooker. Served with rice and some salad.

I have some beef & barley soup simmering away on the stove. We're also having a salad and some toasted fresh-from-the-bakery rye bread w/caraway seeds.

I'm defrosting a couple of boneless turkey thighs from my Thanksgiving 'other' turkey. I'll roast them and make a side of pilaf. I think I'll sauté some string beans with mushrooms in bacon fat.

I think there is just enough frozen meatballs I can toss with some jarred marinara sauce, not too hungry, so no pasta. A small green salad and there is fresh pineapple and some cookies for later.

I'm sorta throwing together a one-pot meal to be served over rice. I have about a pound and a half of bone-in pork shoulder left over after making city chicken yesterday. I cut it into large pieces and it's braising in tomatillo-jalapeno salsa I made last summer; when it's tender, I'll take it out and pull it apart. I'll also cut up some bell peppers and onion and saute those, then add them and the pork back into the salsa. I pickled some red onions to sprinkle over the top.

I'm sorta throwing together a one-pot meal to be served over rice. I have about a pound and a half of bone-in pork shoulder left over after making city chicken yesterday. I cut it into large pieces and it's braising in tomatillo-jalapeno salsa I made last summer; when it's tender, I'll take it out and pull it apart. I'll also cut up some bell peppers and onion and saute those, then add them and the pork back into the salsa. I pickled some red onions to sprinkle over the top.

That sounds like it would work well in a tortilla shell with a little sour cream :yum:

DH grilled some burgers tonight. We had them with all the trimmings served on "Mae's overnight buns" (baked last weekend) they kept well in the fridge, and since they were huge, they worked well as hamburger buns.

Back
Top Bottom