What's for dinner tonight, the 28th of November

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Sitting here at the computer doing stuff for work and am foaming at the mouth I'm so angry. Okay, so God forgot to give this LefseLover patience.
Thought it would be a good idea to figure out dinner instead of trying to get out of working Christmas right now. aRgh!

I'll be making baked encrusted boneless pork roast [tied up in a web thingie]. The rub is coriander seeds/cumin seeds/fennel seeds/cinnamon/caraway seeds/celery seeds/raw sugar/confetti pepper corns/grey salt. Scalloped potatoes with cheese/cream/butter/flour/s&p and almond bacon green beans.
Salad is orange jello dry mix/cottage cheese/cool whip/mandarine orange segments.

What are you havin?

Chicken Parmesan over twisty noodles
Salad

I may bake a loaf of bread 'cuz I'm really cold!

Planning to brown a pork tenderloin then finish it off in the oven wrapped in bacon. When done I'm going to mix some creme fraiche and grainy mustard and make a dipping sauce for it..With it a gratin of potatoes and gruyere, some roasted asparagus and banana bread for dessert.
kadesma

i didn't get a round tuit last night, so tonight will either be buffalo chicken wings and/or sausage and peppers.

Tonight's gonna be gumbo that I made from the leftover turkey, duck and rabbit carcasses from thanksgiving. All I have to do is pull a container of it from the freezer and boil up some rice which is quick and easy, because i'd like to put up some Christmas lights on the house tonight.

I'm meeting someone tonight to do some volunteer work for our organization, so DH will order pizza and we'll eat before she comes over. I might make a small salad to have while waiting for the pizza.

Chicken Parmesan over twisty noodles
Salad

I may bake a loaf of bread 'cuz I'm really cold!

I wish I could bake bread! Mine comes out so dense and heavy all the time. My husband says I can mug somebody with my french bread loaf. :LOL:

We have leftover ropa vieja from last night, so I'll dice some tomatoes, shred some lettuce and have shredded beef tacos tonight.

Tonight is family night. I am making shrimp dip, sausage with p&os in a light bbq sauce, au gratin potatoes, baked beans and coffee cake for later.

My oldest daughter has announced her engagement. I think I maybe should have a more memorable dinner but this was already planned. Anyway we are thrilled.

Last night I made some chicken soup with vegetables, quite a bit actually, so all I need to do is make some more rice to go with it. Delicious leftovers.

Tonight is family night. I am making shrimp dip, sausage with p&os in a light bbq sauce, au gratin potatoes, baked beans and coffee cake for later.

My oldest daughter has announced her engagement. I think I maybe should have a more memorable dinner but this was already planned. Anyway we are thrilled.

Hi, Elaine. Congrats on the new son-in-law to be :)

What is "sausage with p&os"?

shrimp wrapped in bacon,
steam muscles and clams with garlic butter for dipping,
Jkaths easy orange spinach salad
and garlic bread. Company tonight.

Kind of a vegetarian take off of a Burmese noodle dish I learned from a friend a few years back.

Original recipe:
chicken broth + coconut milk
to this add pieces of chicken, hard boiled quail eggs
some garlic fried in oil

Serve over Rice noodles and top with Cilantro, more fried garlic, hot pepper flakes and Lime juice

To make it vegetarian, i Use a ' fake' chicken broth, seitan instead of chicken, Im not crazy about hard boiled eggs, so i leave them out. And also, used linguini instead of the rice noodles ( didnt have time to get to the asian market this weekend.

Heya!! Can never tell! You guys come out with some dishes that I have to search out on the net to understand what you are talking about. Hush Puppies for example are shoes to me!!

Back
Top Bottom