What's for dinner tonight, Thursday Jan 11th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'm defrosting chicken thighs.
Not really sure what I'll do with them.
Maybe a taco of some kind, with rice and beans.
Yeah, that's what I'll do.
Simmer/poach the chickadee, then pull apart and do the rest of the ingreds.

How 'bout you? Wutcha makin?

Supposed to snow here tonight, yeah right!

PA Baker said:
I have pork tenderloin cutlets marinating in a balsamic and yogurt blend. We'll grill them and have them with.....something!:ROFLMAO:
ooooh, would that work on my chicken thighs? If so, I may do that instead but do a different kind of rice and beans. Maybe red beans and rice. How long to marinate?

corazon90 said:
Leftover au gratin potatoes.
What's the difference between scalloped potatoes and potatoes au gratin?
I really don't know except I do mine different. I cube and use not much cheese, it's not the focus of my au gratin, and it's more soupy and creamy. For the scalloped, I slice thin and usually leave the skins on, and layer with milk, flour, butter, cheese, and maybe some ham, then I let bake uncovered and it's dryer than the au gratin.

Last edited:
I have pork tenderloin cutlets marinating in a balsamic and yogurt blend. We'll grill them and have them with.....something!:ROFLMAO:

Need to pick up a few things at the market and then will finish the prep for our dinner. Making a scallopini type sauce to serve over pounded chicken
breasts that i'm going to saute, usually serve with angel hair pasta, but DH has asked for mashed potatoes, then some baked acorn squash with butter and brown sugar, dab of yogurt,chopped walnuts, green salad and some pear bread and ice cream for dessert.
kadesma;)

i'm going to make the pot roast that i never got into the crock pot last night.

it's been sitting in a rub of garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, lawry's seasoned salt, and worcestershire sauce.

i'll make a gravy and serve it with mashed spuds and lesieur baby peas.

We'll have slow-roasted sirloin tips with horseradish mashed potatoes, green beans and dinner rolls. My DH requested jello pie for dessert, so I made lime.

Hey Flourgirl, what's jello pie?

We've got leftover night going on at home tonight, and no clue whats for dinner at work. Last night at work for a bit! Whooee!

It's leftover night here in Shafferville. Chicken... and a few other things hidden in the back of the fridg.

i wanted to make stuffed shrimp but i can't locate any good
size shrimp at the market.:mad: so we are having fajitas that is

what my hubby wants. my youngest is complaining about

a sore thoat so she will be having soup from the good

ol standby in the freezer.

It's homemade bean soup tonight!!!
My dh always put a tablespoon of vinegar in his. Has anyone else ever heard of that??:rolleyes:

Lefse, I think it would work really well on your chicken. I've always used it on chicken; this is my first try with pork. I use 1 part plain yogurt (not fat free) to 2 parts balsamic dressing. I usually marinate overnight, but I think a couple hours would do. Hope you like it!

Sorry, I thought everyone knew about Jello pie. Maybe it's called something else in other parts.

It's a package of Jello (any flavor) dissolved in hot water according to the package, mixed with a tub of defrosted Cool Whip and poured into a prebaked or store bought pie shell and set in the fridge until it's set. My DH grew up on it and to this day its his favorite dessert. Very kid friendly too!

ps/ You have to use regular Cool Whip, not the low fat or it won't work...ask me how I know...

Alix said:
Hey Flourgirl, what's jello pie?

We've got leftover night going on at home tonight, and no clue whats for dinner at work. Last night at work for a bit! Whooee!

JoAnn L. said:
It's homemade bean soup tonight!!!
My dh always put a tablespoon of vinegar in his. Has anyone else ever heard of that??:rolleyes:

We always add a tablespoon or so to our lentil soup. It gives it a wonderful flavor. I'll have to try it with bean next time.:)

I have a meeting tonight, so I'm thinking something really simple. I have veggie burgers, and homemade bread in the freezer. Not sure what I'll have with it yet.

I missed these threads more than anything the last month!

We had pasta and pesto....I spent to much time catching up with a months back log of emails to cook much, lol. Then we had crackers with my new favourite cheese! Its a gorgonzola mixed with marscapone and walnuts, yummy. Gorgonzola is on our metro network, amazing huh!

I love the sound of vinegar in bean/lentil soup, I want to try that!

Flourgirl said:
Sorry, I thought everyone knew about Jello pie. Maybe it's called something else in other parts.

It's a package of Jello (any flavor) dissolved in hot water according to the package, mixed with a tub of defrosted Cool Whip and poured into a prebaked or store bought pie shell and set in the fridge until it's set. My DH grew up on it and to this day its his favorite dessert. Very kid friendly too!

ps/ You have to use regular Cool Whip, not the low fat or it won't work...ask me how I know...

Thank you very much. I've never heard of this. LOL, I've clearly lived a sheltered life. And I bet I can guess how it turned out with the low fat stuff...ewwww! Sloppy!

We're grilling out thick pork chops. I'm having lots of veggies and my DH is having FF's.

probably those mozzarella meatballs/vermicilli that i didn't cook yesterday. i'm kinda ill, so dinner may be a glass of carnation breakfast that jake gave me when i woke. (didn't wake 'till 5-ish)

Back
Top Bottom