What's for dinner tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
breaded and pan-fried fresh caught rainbow trout; breaded and pan-fried eggplant circles; baked potato w/butter and /or sour cream

Chicken Piccata
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pound total)
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup flour
Salt and pepper
4 Tbsp olive oil
4 Tbsp butter
1/2 dry white wine
Juice of 3 limes
½ tsp Dried Thyme
1/4 cup brined capers
1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
Cut chix breast down the middle. If they are not 1/4” thick put them in a plastic gallon bag and bash them with the wine bottle [hoping it wont break into a million pieces or shards of glass.
Dump the flour/parm / tsp salt (or to taste) in a bowl and mix well. Dump that out on a plate and dredge the fillets in the mix.
Olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Cover the bottom of the pan with chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan. Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. If you did not get all the chicken first time take the cooked chicken out and put it on a plate to keep warm. Put the next shift of chicken in and cook in a like manner. When you have all the chicken done, put it aside and keep it warm.
Add the wine, quarter the lime and squeeze the juice into the pan. Add the capers to the pan. Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits. Add a pinch or tow of the flour if any is left and reduce the sauce by half. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Plate the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over the chicken. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
This looks delicious to me. I am curious about something though, isn't it usual to use lemon? I thought the lime was either your touch or it's typical. Now I don't know for sure.

We are out of town for a few days and are at a hotel. We were going to go out to eat, but we ended up getting some French bread, artichoke-spinach dip, crackers, assorted cheeses, Hickory Farms beef stick and summer sausage, a bag of Craisins, and a bottle of wine and brought it back to the hotel room and had kind of an indoor picnic.

:)Barbara

LEFSElover - Lemon is traditional. Most recipies that I looked at did not have the Thyme either. While I wish that those touches were my idea, that part came from a post by our own Buckytom. The assembly techniques are mine.

I usually look at 4 or 5 recipies for something new that I want to make and pick and choose ingredients. Sometimes reality sets in and at prep time one or another ingredient is not available and substitutions start.

AC

I'm making an even lazier Golumpki.
Doing it all in one pot on the stove. Who needs the oven? I just plan to simmer it down on the stovetop in my favorite pan. Which it's doing right now :)
dum-dee-dum-dum....

My grandmother used to do it that way also, especially if she made it in the summer so she wouldn't heat up the house. I love it either way!

Barb

My grandmother used to do it that way also, especially if she made it in the summer so she wouldn't heat up the house. I love it either way!

Barb

It came out pretty good. I impressed myself :ohmy:
One hour, one pot and one bowl to hold the reserved burger/rice/onion until the cabbage cooked down some.

I usually look at 4 or 5 recipies for something new that I want to make and pick and choose ingredients. Sometimes reality sets in and at prep time one or another ingredient is not available and substitutions start.AC
Adillo, I do the same thing. Like yesterday when I needed a recipe for pumpkin bread. I got out probably 20 random cookbooks and browsed through them. Most didn't even have a recipe for it which I found odd but I digress. So I brought out several more, read them all, and incorporated things about all of them that sounded good and made new recipe out of the combinations

LEFSElover - My daughter tells me that "If you make a meal and it's great, Enjoy it to the fullest, because, you will never make it excatly the same again."

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom