What's for dinner tonight, Tuesday, Oct. 21?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
I'm not sure.
Gotta get in a freezer and check out the findings.
I broke the bank yesterday and bought potatoes so it'll be something with pots. Thinking of doing lefse as I got a new recipe from a kind and gentle soul on DC. {you know who you are.} easy enough to boil the pots but must read the recipe again as they are time consuming to construct but well worth it when you take your first bite of the warm and subtle indulgence of the moment. gooey, buttery, soft and tender, now that's my kind-o-bread.
img_707846_0_d7aba25c58e810cf354607d6ad176971.gif
Salad will be a for sure, as I bought a new salad dressing yesterday, and want to know how it is. Oh hey, I can also use it to do my oven fries that I just decided will be on the menu too. Oh, two potatoes in one meal, the hubster will be in such a good mood. Now what about the main course, hum, must think on that one..............

What's anyone else having?

I have a pork tenderloin but want to do something different with it. I usually make medallions with a bercy sauce or one of two rubs but am in the mood for experiment. Only thing I can't do is a bread stuffing because of DH's Celiac.

Any ideas out there?

Getting over a bug, so It will be DW's Jewish Penicillin (chicken soup) that she made yesterday, along with a big slice of NYT whole wheat bread.

I have a pork tenderloin but want to do something different with it.Any ideas out there?
Oh yeh, hubby loves apples with pork.
If I was doing it, I'd make a make shift apple pie filling, but a little denser than normal, so tighten it up a bit. Funnel a hole, [hollow it out] in the middle of the tenderloin and stuff it with that. Rub down the tenderloin with salt and pepper and a good djn mustard mixed with the tiniest pinch of cinnamon in there, secure the ends so it won't come running out. That way, the meats' juices will run into the middle, flavor that, and the apples mixture will be present when you cut it in huge ole slices.
Or not....................:wacko:

Still cooking for a crowd here. Everyone departs tomorrow.

Tonight it's spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread, salad and apple cobbler for dessert. Lots of red wine for me!

Oh yeh, hubby loves apples with pork.
If I was doing it, I'd make a make shift apple pie filling, but a little denser than normal, so tighten it up a bit. Funnel a hole, [hollow it out] in the middle of the tenderloin and stuff it with that. Rub down the tenderloin with salt and pepper and a good djn mustard mixed with the tiniest pinch of cinnamon in there, secure the ends so it won't come running out. That way, the meats' juices will run into the middle, flavor that, and the apples mixture will be present when you cut it in huge ole slices.
Or not....................:wacko:

That's sounds wonderful, Lefse, and just about right for our tastes. Thanks so much.

I think I will pull a bowl of Stuffed Pepper Soup out of the freezer and take it to work.

Something with pork chops.... maybe just gravy and some oven fries, green beans.
Yup. thats what i'm having.

has anyone ever made thanksgiving turkey logs?
made with ground turkey/stuffing/whole cranberry sauce.
gad I remember doing them years and years ago.
sooooooooooooooooooooooo good
something on this thread just reminded me of that, but don't know what
img_707929_0_e44d1ae96d21f1ec8fb18427ec479948.gif

Little french lamb chops rubbed with evoo, fresh finely chopped garlic,rosemary and parsley then put under the broiler , turned then time to eat..We like them rare, large baked potatoes,a couple of sweet dumpling squash, stuffed with just butter,a little sour cream, chopped dried apricots and walnuts..and a green salad ans maybe some biscuits and jam.
Dessert, I made several extra doughnuts and DH can have one of those.
kadesma

Last edited:
We had meatloaf w/mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes and cauliflower. I made an apple pie yesterday so that will be dessert tonight for anyone that wants it.

Barb

Chicken Piccata Recipe

Ingredients

• 2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 pound total)
  • 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • Salt and pepper
  • 4 Tbsp olive oil
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 1/2 dry white wine
  • Juice of 3 limes
  • ½ tsp Dried Thyme
  • 1/4 cup brined capers
  • 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley

Method

1 Start with whole chicken split breasts. Take the skin off and take them off the bone. Alternatively, use boneless, skinless breast fillets. Cut them down the middle. If they are not 1/4” thick put them in a plastic gallon bag and bash them with the wine bottle till they are.
2 Dump the flour, Parmesan and ablut ½ tsp salt (or to taste) in a bowl and mix well. Dump that out on a plate and dredge the fillets thorough the mixture.

3 Put the olive oil and 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet on medium high heat. Cover the bottom of the pan with chicken pieces, do not crowd the pan. Brown well on each side, about 3 minutes per side. If you did not get all the chicken first time take the cooked chicken out and put it on a plate to keep warm. Put the next shift of chicken in and cook in a like manner. When you have all the chicken done, put it aside and keep it warm. Start the sauce.
4 Add the wine, quarter the lime and squeeze the juice into the pan. Add the capers to the pan. Use a spatula to scrape up the browned bits. Add a pinch or tow of the flour if any is left and reduce the sauce by half. Add in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Plate the chicken and serve with the sauce poured over the chicken. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.

Roasted Red Baby Potatoes

Cut up a small bag of baby red potatoes into small pieses. Add salt, Adobo, Agrlic powder and italian seasonings. Put 3 or 4 pats of butter in there. Seal in a long thin aluminum foil pouch and bake at 375 for 45 min to an hour.

Vedgetable

Lightly steamed Spinach

BTW - Thank You to everyone here ar DC. i may have had the skills to prepare this meal on a day's notice, which is all I got, but I would not have had the confidence in myself, not as keen an interest as I now do. Thank you for the encouragement and all things that I have learned here.

I did a quickie dinner, I made Trader Joe's chicken pomodoro (frozen entree) and I jazzed it up (dare I say "semi homemade" ?? ) with roasted red skin potatoes and some asparagus. Banana cake for dessert. I made the cake on Sunday, so dinner tonight was a breeze.

I'm making an even lazier Golumpki.
Doing it all in one pot on the stove. Who needs the oven? I just plan to simmer it down on the stovetop in my favorite pan. Which it's doing right now :)
dum-dee-dum-dum....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom