What's for Dinner Tue. 03-23-10?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PattY1

Washing Up
I have a couple of Country Pork Ribs w/BBQ Sauce in the mini slow cooker. I have plenty of leftover Salad and Homemade Yeast Wheat Rolls to go with them.:chef:

Baked catfish with curry powder, served with baked butternut squash and steamed broccoli/sugar snaps.

yum yum!

Having company tonight so, I've decided as an appy we will have mushroom toasts, Ham with jicama salsa, acorn squash with maple syrup, green salad, warm French rolls,roasted pears for dessert.
kadesma

I'm having chocolate ravioli stuffed with roasted butternut squash and bacon, sauteed with mushrooms, onions and asparagus. I'll do some mushroom and butternut squash risotto to go with it.

I have b/s chicken breasts thawing out. Not sure how I will cook them and what the sides will be.

chocolate ravioli's?

Last edited by a moderator:
I use
1/4 cup of dark cocoa
1 1/2 cups sifted flour
1 Tbs water
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp olive oil
2 eggs

to make the pasta dough, which gives it a subtle chocolate taste that goes well with the squash
thank you!! now i need the filling recipe LOL

There is a corned beef roast in the crock-pot with red potato and onion. I'm going to cook cabbage separately.
VB, that sounds so good. We didn't do a corned beef for St. Paddy's Day and we all are feeling the pinch:LOL:. I've never cooked one in the slow cooker, how does it compare to the boil in water method? I'd like to try it for a change.
kadesma

VB, that sounds so good. We didn't do a corned beef for St. Paddy's Day and we all are feeling the pinch:LOL:. I've never cooked one in the slow cooker, how does it compare to the boil in water method? I'd like to try it for a change.
kadesma
I'm not sure.. I have never boiled it. The crock-pot is the only way I have ever cooked it. I put potatoes, carrots and onion in with it. I use 2 cups apple cider/juice for a 2 1/2 lb roast. The rest is water just until the meat is covered. Seasonings are the packet that comes with it and 2 bay leaves.

Coming back to add... this is the second time we have had corned beef since St Paddy's Day. It is one of Mark's fav. meals.

Last edited:
kadesma

I'm not sure.. I have never boiled it. The crock-pot is the only way I have ever cooked it. I put potatoes, carrots and onion in with it. I use 2 cups apple cider/juice for a 2 1/2 lb roast. The rest is water just until the meat is covered. Seasonings are the packet that comes with it and 2 bay leaves.

Coming back to add... this is the second time we have had corned beef since St Paddy's Day. It is one of Mark's fav. meals.
we had corned beef yeaterday with cabbage and red potatoes.

i have done corned beef boiled and in a slow cooker and in the microwave. they all taste good to me. i have never cooked one in the oven (mine friend always does his in the oven). the one i made yesterday was so tender after boiling for 3 hours it fell apart and turned itself into shreds!! LOL

I've always boiled except once I used the oven it turned out nice..I plan to make one just as you said VB...It sounds lucious.
kades

just plain pasta and sauce here. I was just too tired to cook tonight.

Black beans with sauteed red onion, in a San Marzano tomato sauce with chipotle pepper and spices. Served with spiced brown rice.

Made pizza bagels from my own homemade BBQ sauce and bagels

Bagel+Pizza.jpg

Back
Top Bottom