What's for Dinner Tues. 01-06

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jayde, one of the ways I "wash" out some of the sodium in my chipped beef is to pour boiling water over the chipped beef. Let it sit for a couple of minutes, then drain. I does help remove some of the saltiness.

Thanks Katie! I will have to try that next time I make it. My DH was always talking about having this dish as a kid and I had never heard of it. Needless to say he loves salt...just wish his cholestrol did :)

This what I made for dinner earlier tonight (last night).... mexican stuffed peppers with sour cream scalloped potatoes. The potatoes were delish... better than they look! :rolleyes: Sorry if the pics are too big.
img_765202_0_4d3c743049567e48d60126eacd728b50.jpg

img_765202_1_1b3effcab6fb8c16947458de01b50a14.jpg

Looks good! I never though of making scalloped potatoes to go with stuffed peppers. I'll have to try that next time.

that does look good!!!

last night, while dw was making cornish game hens, brown rice, and steamed stringbeans, we snacked on polish rye and red pepper hummus.

it was a very good dinner. :)

I saw this in your thread, they look great! Now I will just be needing that recipe please ;)
thank you and to those that commented. :)

This was the recipe I based dinner on last night. I didn't use the carrot and hot pepper flakes and added salsa to the beef, rice, sauce mixture. Plus, I laid the peppers on their sides and stuffed them. It was good!
yum.gif

Mexican-style Stuffed Peppers

4 medium sweet bell peppers
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup cooked rice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
14 ounces tomato or pasta sauce of choice

-Cut tops from peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
-Chop enough of the tops to make 1/2 cup. In lightly oiled skillet, cook beef, chopped peppers, onion, carrot, and garlic, until no longer pink.
-Remove from heat and drain fat, if any. Stir in rice, seasonings, salt, 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
-Spoon evenly into peppers.
-Place upright in shallow baking dish, large enough to hold peppers in single layer and pour remaining sauce around peppers.
-Cover tightly and bake at 350°F. for 45-50 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.

I realize this might have to be moved.

I'd love to make stuffed peppers, but DW isn't having any of it... Gosh darn picky eaters! ;)

Then make Un-stuffed peppers. Stuff one or two for you. Then use the remaning stuffing to make very large meatballs. Put them in a separate dish, sauce, cover and bake along side.

I do this with any filling that I have left over when I make stuffed peppers.

I'd love to make stuffed peppers, but DW isn't having any of it... Gosh darn picky eaters! ;)

Two years ago, I would have agreed with your DW and nothing you could do would get me to touch a stuffed pepper. Now, can't get enough of em!:pig:

Pateince and she will come around one of these days... unless she has a sick reaction or is allergic to green peppers LOL.:huh:

thank you and to those that commented. :)

This was the recipe I based dinner on last night. I didn't use the carrot and hot pepper flakes and added salsa to the beef, rice, sauce mixture. Plus, I laid the peppers on their sides and stuffed them. It was good!
yum.gif

Mexican-style Stuffed Peppers

4 medium sweet bell peppers
1 lb ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup chopped carrot
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup cooked rice
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon hot pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon salt
14 ounces tomato or pasta sauce of choice

-Cut tops from peppers; discard seeds and membranes.
-Chop enough of the tops to make 1/2 cup. In lightly oiled skillet, cook beef, chopped peppers, onion, carrot, and garlic, until no longer pink.
-Remove from heat and drain fat, if any. Stir in rice, seasonings, salt, 1/2 cup tomato sauce.
-Spoon evenly into peppers.
-Place upright in shallow baking dish, large enough to hold peppers in single layer and pour remaining sauce around peppers.
-Cover tightly and bake at 350°F. for 45-50 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp.

I realize this might have to be moved.

Thanks!!

I am alone again for supper as DH was called into work. Was planning the extra crispy fried chicken made with kettle chips but will now safe that for his next day off. Also, I am supposed to keep my leg up more than down for the next few days so I am trying to decide between ordering pizza or sticking popcorn in the microwave!

Two years ago, I would have agreed with your DW and nothing you could do would get me to touch a stuffed pepper. Now, can't get enough of em!:pig:

Pateince and she will come around one of these days... unless she has a sick reaction or is allergic to green peppers LOL.:huh:

If she has a reaction to green peppers or just doesn't like them, then stuff yellow or red. Once I did that DH started loving stuffed peppers!

If she has a reaction to green peppers or just doesn't like them, then stuff yellow or red. Once I did that DH started loving stuffed peppers!

She doesn't like cooked green bell peppers. I'm not sure if I could get away with using red or yellow, she's pretty smart... :ROFLMAO:

She doesn't like cooked green bell peppers. I'm not sure if I could get away with using red or yellow, she's pretty smart... :ROFLMAO:

Yellow and red peppers taste different cooked than green do, honest. They are all I ever use now. We are a green-pepper free household :LOL::LOL:

We had Thai-Style Peanut Noodles with scallions, red pepper, etc.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom