What's for dinner? Tues. 6/19/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm defrosting some chicken thighs that I'll cook on the grill. That's as far as I've gotten. No doubt there'll be something else on the plate.

Today is National Martini Day. We'd have just martinis for dinner, but neither of us like gin. :ermm:

Instead, I'm cooking Italian sausages with onions and bell peppers, probably serving it over polenta, and adding side salads. If I get ambitious (doubtful :LOL: ), I might make from-scratch chocolate pudding so I can serve it in my unused martini glasses.

I saw KL's post several hours ago, which I figured is about a good a time as any to start thinking about dinner. I called Dx to discuss preliminaries, no answer. Oh yeah, She's attending a ladies lunch today and bringing a raspberry dessert, frozen berries from last year's crop. Hope she serves small slices so there is dessert tonight.

So I made an executive decision and went to the store. Came back with some salmon fillets and just now made an Asian style sauce that's cooling. Soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, red pepper flakes, hoisin, minced onion, garlic, lime juice. Will do a short marinade and use some reserved sauce for basting. ON Foil in a grill pan so there's no sticky mess on the grill.

We have been having a lot of lettuce salads lately courtesy of Dx's garden. Leaf lettuce, arugula and butter lettuces + today sliced radishes and cukes from the store.

I'll pass on the martini and have Chardonnay instead. Or maybe a gin & tonic?

Spice rubbed pork tenderloin on the charcoal Weber, black bean and corn salad, green salad.

Today is National Martini Day. We'd have just martinis for dinner, but neither of us like gin. :ermm:

Instead, I'm cooking Italian sausages with onions and bell peppers, probably serving it over polenta, and adding side salads. If I get ambitious (doubtful :LOL: ), I might make from-scratch chocolate pudding so I can serve it in my unused martini glasses.

Make Vodka Martinis, instead. "Shaken, not stirred."

Dog, Casey Dog

The rain is holding off, so I think I'll grill some chicken and make chicken tacos - Taco Tuesday!

CD

Make Vodka Martinis, instead. "Shaken, not stirred."

Dog, Casey Dog
Reminds me of the time that I made a sales call with one of our tech gurus (this was a few decades ago). His name was Jim P*** (a single syllable last name) and was originally a Brit. We were issued visitor badges of 006 and 007. I had 007, but we switched. When I introduced him to our contact, he said "P***, James P***, 007 (flashing badge), at your service". As you can imagine, the ice was immediately broken.

GF yelled out Chicken Parm when I tried to sneak out early at the deli. Tagliatelle with Asparagus
Happy Wife, Happy Life...

Attachments

• 35628684_10156546924554993_1591768940650954752_n.jpg
    35628684_10156546924554993_1591768940650954752_n.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 35634728_10156546928394993_1092889389500989440_n.jpg
    35634728_10156546928394993_1092889389500989440_n.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
Reminds me of the time that I made a sales call with one of our tech gurus (this was a few decades ago). His name was Jim P*** (a single syllable last name) and was originally a Brit. We were issued visitor badges of 006 and 007. I had 007, but we switched. When I introduced him to our contact, he said "P***, James P***, 007 (flashing badge), at your service". As you can imagine, the ice was immediately broken.

I don't think there is a man alive, who has seen a James Bond movie, who doesn't (even if secretly) wish he was James Bond.

CD :cool:

"Dog, Casey Dog" :ROFLMAO: Love it! (And totally wasted on anyone who's never watched/read "Bond") Even Himself let out with a big laugh, and he's a tough...crowd?

tenspeed, it would have to be a very, very dry vodka martini - with a twist. :huh: Hmm, I still have some "Ghost Coast" orange vodka that we bought on our last trip to FL. Best part of the Savannah trip (we like Charleston better).

Anyway, a portrait of dinner. Didn't make the pudding (sorry, Ross). We'll make due with Oreos. :yum:

Attachments

• 20180619_203616.jpg
    20180619_203616.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 153
I'm headed to the pub in an hour with some of my pork crackling, picking up my mate on the way,wife's got dinner with daughter, I'm picking up a bacon egg and double cheese burger on the way home.

Russ

I'm headed to the pub in an hour with some of my pork crackling, picking up my mate on the way, wife's got dinner with daughter, I'm picking up a bacon egg and double cheese burger on the way home.

Russ

Ah, it must be health-food night in Christchurch. Don't forget the chips with that burger -- you gptta' have your vegetables. :LOL:

CD

Chicken with Hoisin Sauce and Cashews.

From the Complete Chinese Cookbook by Jillian Stewart.

Chicken.
Cornflour.
Stock.
Light soy sauce.
Garlic.
White wine.
Hoisin sauce.
Cashew nuts.
Spring onions.

In the microwave section so everything but the roasted cashew nuts done in the microwave.
Mrs Wyshiepoo gave it a "you can do this again." which is one of the highest accolades I can get!

WP_20180619_17_29_23_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20180619_17_29_23_Pro (3).jpg

Back
Top Bottom