"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 12-15-2015, 05:19 PM   #1
Wine Guy
What's For Dinner? Tues, Dec 15th, 2015

Early dinner tonight. I picked up some nice Barramundi fillets at the store, so I breaded and baked those, and made a side of pan fried cauliflower. The sauce on the fish is lemon basil butter.

Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:47 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator

If you can't see the bright side of life, polish the dull side.
Zhizara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 05:53 PM   #3
Executive Chef
Lookin' good Steve. I bought bacon today, something I don't usually buy/ no reason.

I made a BLT w avocado slices and a handful of frozen green beans with hot bacon mustard dressing. Yummers.
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:08 PM   #4
Master Chef
I made a small hot dish or maybe it was a casserole of roast chicken chunks, mushrooms, green beans, sour cream, grated cheese, etc...
Aunt Bea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 06:31 PM   #5
Master Chef
That looks mighty good, Steve!
I had a bean and rice burrito topped with pico de gallo and a little sour cream. Sliced avocado on the side.
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 07:22 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef
I could have sworn I had some burgers in the freezer but it turns out I didn't.

I defrosted some BS chicken breasts and cooked them on the Griddler. We sliced them and made chicken sandwiches.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:18 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I made a tossed salad. Stirling cooked some spaghetti and stirred in some Kirkland marinara sauce with the rest of the ground beef that I fried with chopped onions on Sunday. It was very tasty.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 08:48 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
A small serving of Angel Hair Pasta with butter.
Illegitimi non carborundum!
I don't want my last words to be, "I wish I had spent more time doing housework"
Addie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:15 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
My master gardener group had our annual Christmas party tonight - heavy hors d'oeuvres and cash bar at a locally owned restaurant; the chef buys fruits and vegetables from the same farm that sells at our farmers market. It was fun and delicious 🎄
The trouble with eating Italian food is that five or six days later you're hungry again. ~ George Miller
GotGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:44 PM   #10
Executive Chef
I had a 7 oz. filet mignon steak I rescued as half a par in my Safeway manager's specials a few weeks (froze then thawed) which cost $3+ for a beautiful 7 oz. piece. I love these "last day" manager's specials because too many people don't realize the FDA reguations are absurd. My Canadian friend and sometimes cooking mentor takes last day beef steaks and ages them in his fridge for 1-2 weeks, and THEN cooks them. I thought he was crazy but I know he is a fellow intellect so I trusted him and discovered myself that he was right. Eating a 2 week old steak won't kill you (as long as it's refrigerated) and it's just a myth that you can't age steaks in your fridge. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

I served my steak with home made wasabi (from powder) and blue cheese butter (the recipes say 1 T. blue cheese to 4 T. butter but I half the ratio), and my Potatoes Franconio recipe. If you Google that do not confuse it with the franconia recipe, MY recipe comes from my old friend's family restaurant Franconio's (I've never been there, long gone by now probably, and my friend long gone now probably too. But it is FRANCONIO not ending with an "A" as Google will tempt you.

Anyway it was good! The filet mignon attempted to "mooooo" until I stabbed it a few times, and cut off pieces until there wasn't any piece large enough to "mooooo."

Maybe I have a good immune system, maybe I have a good digestive system, maybe I hark to primitive man and maybe it's just beef sashimi. Whatever, it was good.

Greg Who Cooks is offline   Reply With Quote