Whats for dinner Tues Nov 6, 07?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I made a pickle juice soup last night and spaghetti with Not so Italian meat balls. So when my wife and kids come home from school, all she had to do is warm it up.

Son-in-law Jon,Ethan and Olivia will be having dinner with us tonight, mommy is away at a school sponsored meeting..So first off a cup of beef veggie soup,roasted chicken with sage and wine.Sauted mushrooms,roasted asparagus and smashed potatoes with parsley,garlic and parmesan. Dessert, a lemon oilve oil cake...

kadesma;)

I think I'm going to go with fried tilapia sandwiches with tartar sauce, lettuce and tomato, and a slice of onion for DH (I don't like raw onion). Not sure about sides - maybe a green salad and ... don't know. Any suggestions?

I'm giving this recipe a try that I saw on Everyday Italian only with black scottish potatoes and serving it with beet salad and asparagus

Tilapia with Purple Potato Crust and Chive Rosemary Oil

Well overall review, the flavors were wonderful together. I served it on top of beet salad that was tossed with red wine vinegar and olive oil. The flavor combination was just what I was loking for. The only thing I need to work on is getting the potatoes where they are slightly brown and still a crust over the fish. My potatoes didn't turn brown like I wanted them to and when I served it up the potatoes slid all over the place. This is a keeper if I can figure out the potato crust and get it to where it is a little more presentable. Flavors were perfect. I'll work on this one.

I'm giving this recipe a try that I saw on Everyday Italian only with black scottish potatoes and serving it with beet salad and asparagus

Tilapia with Purple Potato Crust and Chive Rosemary Oil

Well overall review, the flavors were wonderful together. I served it on top of beet salad that was tossed with red wine vinegar and olive oil. The flavor combination was just what I was loking for. The only thing I need to work on is getting the potatoes where they are slightly brown and still a crust over the fish. My potatoes didn't turn brown like I wanted them to and when I served it up the potatoes slid all over the place. This is a keeper if I can figure out the potato crust and get it to where it is a little more presentable. Flavors were perfect. I'll work on this one.
I am so not lying, when I watched her make it, I didn't see how the pots would brown up either. I've never made anything that 'works' that I've seen GDLR make on her show. But having said that, my DD is an avid fan, makes many of her recipes and swears by them.....soooo???

Still don't know how to do the quote box:
"I am so not lying, when I watched her make it, I didn't see how the pots would brown up either. I've never made anything that 'works' that I've seen GDLR make on her show. But having said that, my DD is an avid fan, makes many of her recipes and swears by them.....soooo???"

Well this is only the 3rd recipe I've tried from her. The first 2 were phenomenal, this one I think over all had great potential considering I am trying to fix more low fat recipes. It was fine for just family, but, if I can work with it a bit to get the brown potato crusting I will fix it for company.

:)Everything sounds so good tonight its just me so I made brown rice cooked in light chicken stock some garlic and a little bit of cumin Then sauteed some carrots,celery and onions with garlic and a pinch of thyme mix that with the rice and red kidney beans I love it with soy sauce.So simple but to me really good I often think of adding some chicken or something but just cant its too good all by its self.Im cooking some Chestnut Lima Beans as we speak to see if I want to add those instead of kidney beans.I have never made those before so Im curious.

This past Sunday we made our annual trek to a fairly local organic farm/estate that specializes in breeding/raising endangered "Heritage" breeds of farm animals. Once a year they open the estate gates for a huge bazaar that benefits local animal shelters.

Anyway, as usual I purchased a pound of their lovely turkey sausages, which I sauteed up tonight & served with whole-wheat rotini pasta tossed with some extra-virgin olive oil & a shredded 5-Italian-cheese mix, plus some lovely baby zucchini squash sauteed & tossed with some Italian-seasoned dry bread crumbs.

wre they an endangered species of turkeys, breezy?

lol, j/k.

when i started to read your post, i was thinking "omg, she's gonna eat an endangered anmal. and go into exacting detail about how she cooked it!"

;):)

Actually, yes, they are endangered species of turkey - lol!! This particular farm specializes in raising endangered heritage breeds of animals in a humane, organic, & sustainable fashion. They operate a lovely little restaurant that showcases & uses their own organically-raised produce & meat, as well as a retail shop. They also use & sell the meat/produce from other certified organic local farms as well.

Here's a link to their website:

http://www.ayrshirefarm.com/

Back
Top Bottom