What's for dinner Tues. Sept. 23, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Couple of things to mention.
First, did anyone see Rocco Dispirito
do his dance last night on DWTS? I didn't tune in soon enough so missed him. Rats! Love that handsome guy.
Second, to Pacanis. Without much hesitation, make that recipe I sent you. DH said, best EVER I made and wants it for lunch today and the end of it for lunch [at work] tomorrow. If that isn't a 2 thumbs up, I don't know what is.
Now what's for dinner tonight

Attachments

• m_6d726f2c0d25cb8a7699455d5e1f41c7.jpg
    m_6d726f2c0d25cb8a7699455d5e1f41c7.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 134
I'm either going out with a friend
or
making something with ground venison ( as requested by my favorite hunter man)

I have some zucchini & yellow squash that Im going to roast w/ a little EVOO, salt, pepper, parm.cheese & DRIED basil (since my basil plant has entered the afterlife:()
I have some boneless,skinless chicken breasts defrosting but Im not sure what Im going to do with them yet....any suggestions would be welcomed;)
Also have leftover rice, may make some rice balls...if I feel like dragging out my deep fryer:ermm:

umm my man warren sapp did awesome. I havent watcdhed since the first season but I love Sapp and I think Jeffery Ross is very entertaining but I think he will be gone realyl soon.

Rocco did ok. Alot of them were so so. nothing great but nothign horrible except for jefferey ross.

Tonight for dinner I got a 100 mile trip back to the house in PA. grabbing the mail, saying hi to our nieeghbors. giving her some eggplant, tomatos and peppers from my garden.

Thanks, I'll make it as soon as I pick up all those spices I don't have :LOL:

If something has more than four ingredients, it means a trip to the store ;)

No idea here either, but I've got a taste for Mickey D's for lunch :ohmy:

bleecker street pizza. their pizza's good.

i haven't made my own meal in a long time. in the morning on my way to work i stop for a coffee and maybe a bagel. since i work i can't just go home and make a sandwich, i always eat out with a coworker or a friend. then for dinner i eat out 95% of the time. people tell me that it must be so expensive and unhealthy but i live in new york... i don't have a car so no car payment and no car insurance... i'm rarely in my apartment so i have low maintenance bills. so i have quite a bit to spend on the joys of city living that is extremely uncommon in america. and i actually eat quite healthy plus this is a walking city... a lot more in-shape people here compared to my hometown of los angeles. and the food i order isn't always a pizza or wings or burgers. i often get fish, salad, blt, sushi, etc.
:chef:

Pacanis, some times a meal is unforgettable. Often times, they are so so and nothing special. But this pasta fagioli was 'that' special. Trust me, otherwise the man would not have gone on and on with each bite.
A buddy he works with brought in banana cream pudding?/something yesterday as hubby had brought in GRK's cookies and two other kinds last week for work to share. He said that the banana stuff was stupid good and the guy gave him the recipe which includes banana liquor of some kind [now] I'll have to buy that. Hubby asked this morning if I could print out the recipe for last nights dinner for his friend to make. I did.

Tonights dinner is going to be nacho's. I have the beef, chicken and tomatoes, lettuce, onion, tortillas, avocado, beans and rice, plus cheese. I'm set. It's gonna be a clean out the fridge and freezer but he'll never know it. It'll be smashing...have a great Tuesday everyone...

I've done a bean and vegetable soup and are going to serve it sprinkled with some crispy bacon bits and parmesan and drizzled with herb pesto. I'm doing a cardamon chicken curry as well which I'm not happy with - don't really know why but it's not tasting as I want it to so I'm tasting and adding and tasting and addding. Will probably toss in some coconut milk in the end - coconut milk fixes everything:chef:

GRK, you're a silly boy.
You know what I thought of your cookies [they've put weight on me:ohmy:] thank you very much. They're wonderful, now I'm just on a diet is all:(.
The banana stuff, the cream pudding stuff that hubby was trying to describe was stupid good he told me.
I'll get the recipe from him today, I'll PM it to you.
I will make it for him for tomorrow's meal but don't want to have to buy banana liquor cause I don't drink but guess I may have to.

That's some healthy looking soup.
I'll have to google what it's called and see if it translates. Sounds Italian maybe...

"Vegetable soup"
Yep, that looks about right :LOL:
I would have thought pasta might have been in the translation.

jake wants chix salads fer lunches, so i'll toss those together tonite & we can dine on those.

I don't have a freakin clue what I am having tonight. I crave something different, but it has to be easy as it will be late when I get home from class tonight. UGH... I need inspiration!

marigene, your dinner looks delicious and wholesome, pretty picture.

Pacanis, for you to give you an idea of how it turned out.

YUMMO! :)
That looks great.
I think this winter I will delve more into soups, stews, that sort of food making.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom