What's for dinner? Tues, Sept. 6,2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I dug around in the freezer and found a small vacuum sealed package of pulled pork so that's thawing, and I'll have it on a French roll. Cole slaw and a garlicky Vlasic dill pickle will round out the meal. I might caramelize some onions for the pulled pork sandwich.

What'll be on your plate? :chef:

Last edited:
I'm making an old Penzeys recipe for stuffed vegetables. Stuffed with pork, mushrooms, zucchini, onion and Turkish Seasoning. I have a portobello , cubanelles and zucchini to stuff.

We had Chicken Tikka and butter rice , I could eat it and I am getting better. I will give you pictures of it tomorrow ( it night time in Sweden).

Tonight's plan is breaded chicken cutlets, rice side and a veggie.

Burgers on the grill and the first batch of salsa for this season. Everything in the salsa came out of the garden; tomatoes, onion, garlic, chiles, cilantro, and parsley.

We are doing Italian appetizers. Beef tenderloin Carpoccio on a bed of baby arugula with shaved PR, marinated crimini, proscuitto di parma and melon. Pictures to follow!:yum:

Quick one tonight. Pork roast sandwich, Russian mustard, red onions, cheddar cheese. Broccoli salad, potato sa
ZcRwARI.jpg
lad

I pulled the Simac Pastamatic pasta machine (extrusion type) out of storage, which hasn't been used since Bill Clinton was president. It was only used a few times back then, but now that I'm retired, I have time for such frivolities like making fresh pasta at home. There were some things that I did wrong, but it's waaaay better than dried pasta. I'll have to refine my technique. I could always cross the river and go to Terra Cotta Pasta Co. and get great fresh pasta, but that's not the point.

Pasta was topped with chicken tenders, artichoke hearts, olives, and roast red peppers. Green salad on the side.

Kayelle, that Picadillo is so good! I need to make it again soon.

Didn't have a taste for anything particular, wasn't in the mood to cook much, so I made a favorite - Breakfast for Supper.

I threatened Himself with me making one omelet to share, which would have been mushrooms/spinach/tomato/Swiss cheese. He was very happy to see that I made individual omelets - his had mushroom and onion with sharp Cheddar cheese. We each had hash browns and ham.

I may not have felt like cooking, but I did want to eat. :yum: Didn't think of a photo till it was nearly all gone. Eh, it was breakfast.

img_1478958_0_348620bafdd0515d8a1a84a6c0cebd46.jpg

Grilling the tikka, this machine does work well .

img_1478958_1_bac7a8701d8305ae10a53fef31d8b92a.jpg

Done and it was so yummy and tender.

Back
Top Bottom