What's For Dinner Tuesday 04/13/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having a pot roast. I don't use a slow cooker so I'll be doing it in a dutch oven in the oven, with carrots, mushrooms, and onions. We prefer to serve it with mashed potatoes rather than potatoes cooked in the pot.

I have some sourdough proofing and will be grinding the meat for me chili in just a bit. I finally get to use my meat grinder!

I am not totally sure yet. It is just Dad and I and I have to walk to get our car from the glass place (the back window mysteriously imploded when DH went in to get his cell phone out after charging it!). So dinner might just be from Mickey D's next door! Hopefully I can come up with something better.

I made a pot of potato,corn chowder with bacon. It already smells good. A loaf of French is rising and will be served with dinner. Maybe a green salad or some fruit and we are done.
kades

Last edited:
That's scarey, I hope he wasn't hurt!

No, fortunately it just all went into pebbles that went over the back seat and the cover for the hatch. He did have some in his clothes and hair though from driving it home from work. Thanks for asking! :)

I am thinking of some prepared chicken breasts I have in the freezer - my sister brought them to try as she really liked them. They are from an organic butcher. I will do Ham & Swiss for Dad and mine has a portobella Romano filling. Yum! Not sure of sides yet.

Wasn't sure what I was going to make all of a sudden I wanted chicken caccatorie. So I went to the farmers market got fresh veg, and then went to Fresh Market and got some chicken and wine...

Three hours later I was in heaven..... Nothing like it.... ;):)

I put some sirloin tips with some spaghetti sauce and sliced bell pepper in the crock-pot. I served that over egg noodles and had garlic bread on the side.
img_889847_0_ddea0b9bd2c0110f48c179ecaaf56c7f.jpg

Back
Top Bottom