What's For Dinner Tuesday 05/18/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently, no one else is inspired either.

I'm doing something with chicken breasts. I picked up some fiddleheads this morning and will be making them as a side dish.

The star of the show (I HOPE!!!) will be the ABTs I'm making for the first time today.

I'll have to remember to take some pictures.

I'm doing Thai curry fusion pork shoulder( cooked with pineapple juice, coconut milk, chicken broth, sriracha hot sauce, red curry paste, homemade garam masala, soy sauce, peanut butter, toasted sesame seeds and sweet chili oil) over rice with a side salad

I'm doing something with chicken breasts. I picked up some fiddleheads this morning and will be making them as a side dish.

The star of the show (I HOPE!!!) will be the ABTs I'm making for the first time today.

I'll have to remember to take some pictures.

Gonna move the ABTs to later in the week. Feeling kinda worn out today.

That's putting it mildly. I just put my fiance on a plane for South Africa this morning. Long drive to the airport, and double dog duty for a couple of months (four evil retrievers between the two of us).

On the bright side, I picked up some really nice sour dough rolls while I was in civilization. I'm thinking French dips.

I need to make something that can be served late. DH is teaching tonight so I'm home alone for dinner. Thinking maybe spaghetti. Have some of the ham left over from the weekend. Maybe cube it up along with some smoked sausage to add to the marinara sauce.

b/s chicken breasts and whatever veggies in the fridge, maybe over brown rice

Making tri-tip sammies, with green salad, and garlic fries. No dessert I'm tired.
kadesma:)

I've got some chicken breasts in the crockpot at home waiting to be shredded up with tomatoes and spices and thrown into flour tortillas to be baked with cheese & verde sauce on top.

spicey black beans served on the side.

and hot salsa

I hope that was inspiring :idea::question:

More simple and easy again today. I put a chuck roast in the crock pot this morning with thick-sliced potatoes, carrots, pearl onions, S&P, bay leaves and some beef broth and let it cook all day. I just added some flour and tomato paste to make a gravy so now I wait another hour and it should be done!

Penne with raw tomato sauce (grape tomatoes, black olives, garlic, herbs, red pepper flakes, etc.), with a side of roasted cauliflower.

EVOO heated in pan then ground red pepper flakes, ground peppercorns, sea salt and sesame seeds were added to the oil and cooked for 1 minute. Fresh minced garlic added and sauted for 1 minute. Sliced boneless/skinless chicken breast added and cooked till no longer pink. Button mushrooms quartered, carrot sticks, broccoli spears and leak strips added and cooked till tender firm. Served with brown rice (that was cooked with just water and salt) that was as creamy as risotto.

img_897039_0_dea3ab44e9202a4cf1917bd2f7b8fdbb.jpg

EVOO heated in pan then ground red pepper flakes, ground peppercorns, sea salt and sesame seeds were added to the oil and cooked for 1 minute. Fresh minced garlic added and sauted for 1 minute. Sliced boneless/skinless chicken breast added and cooked till no longer pink. Button mushrooms quartered, carrot sticks, broccoli spears and leak strips added and cooked till tender firm. Served with brown rice (that was cooked with just water and salt) that was as creamy as risotto.

img_897057_0_dea3ab44e9202a4cf1917bd2f7b8fdbb.jpg
That looks good enough to eat!... looks delish!

Made a big pot of hot and sour soup with lots of chicken and veggies,and garlic bread with a french baguette.For dessert we had vanilla buttercream frosted yellow cake.

We had spaghetti (I splurged and added double the mushrooms I usually use) and California blend vegetables. :cool:

:)Barbara

Back
Top Bottom