What's For Dinner Tuesday 05/25/10

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

getoutamykitchen

Master Chef
Well I guess I'll start todays dinner thread.
For us it's gonna be Cabbage Roll Skillet. It's a recipe I got off pillsbury.com. This will be my first time making it.

What's on everyone else's dinner table tonight?

I'm going to be running around this afternoon and DH is teaching tonight so I think it'll be leftovers here. Going to the warehouse store today so need to clear the fridge!

Our fridge is emptied of leftovers!!! I have a spaghetti sauce simmering gently for the family tonight. I have work tonight so not totally sure what will be on the menu for me.

Roasted halibut with spinach and clam sauce... And of course ciabatta bread to sop up all the sauce...

Have left over roast so I put together some pasties and made a salad and some will fry some brussels sprouts. Two chocolate pies are done and waiting.
kades:)

Leftovers tonight. It has been a long week at work already and I am just not up to cooking.

The farmers market had absolutely gorgeous organically-grown Red Russian Kale, so I just had to buy a bunch & turn it into my "Breezy Greek Penne Pasta With Kale And Feta". Delicious!

Boneless/skinless chicken breast cubed seasoned well and added to pan with fresh garlic and olive oil. Cooked till no longer pink. Broccoli, carrots and sliced mushrooms added to pan and just stir fried till bright and just tender. Chicken stock and corn starch slurry added and stirred till thickened. Cooked farfalle added to pan and tossed till coated and well mixed.

img_898396_0_7aa09c468eeeb764b3b2b03db3dceb17.jpg

2 hour after meal sugar 117

Threw together something kinda interesting tonite. Made some meatballs out of ground lamb, mint, oregano, garlic, Greek yogurt, bread crumbs and egg. Browned them off in the oven. Saute' thick sliced zucchini in olive oil, added three cut up Roma tomatoes, a little touch of tubed tomato paste, and a little cooked corkscrew pasta, and added the cooked lamb balls (that doesn't sound right) to the pan....then a little splash of red wine to the whole thing, along with some chopped parsley and mint. Popped the lid on to steam for just a minute.
Dang.....it was sure pretty, and fit for Greek dancing!!

Threw together something kinda interesting tonite. Made some meatballs out of ground lamb, mint, oregano, garlic, Greek yogurt, bread crumbs and egg. Browned them off in the oven. Saute' thick sliced zucchini in olive oil, added three cut up Roma tomatoes, a little touch of tubed tomato paste, and a little cooked corkscrew pasta, and added the cooked lamb balls (that doesn't sound right) to the pan....then a little splash of red wine to the whole thing, along with some chopped parsley and mint. Popped the lid on to steam for just a minute.
Dang.....it was sure pretty, and fit for Greek dancing!!
that sounds wonderful. i wish you had a pic

Slovak specialty called svieckova na smotane (meaning something like "meat on cream").

svieckova-300x225.jpg

I didn't do to good of a job with the sauce, but this was the first time ever for me preparing this dish. It turned out tasting great.

I'll be posting the recipe later this week.

we had the ham, caramelized pineapple slices and peas we didn't have yesterday. We are saving the leftover Thai food for our lunches tomorrow - DH for work and me at the hospital (I can used the floor's microwave).

Back
Top Bottom