"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #21
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Well, since it is a little late in the day to start walking to Canada, I won't be doing what I want to do, which is running back and forth between Laurie's and Alix's and eating with them. Tonight we will have the chicken breast tenders, potatoes, and a vegetable (probably broccoli). I think I will lightly coat the chicken tenders in some spiced-up potato flakes and oven-fry them. I think I will do sweet potatoes instead of russets.
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #22
Executive Chef
 
Whiskadoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Twin Cities Mn
Posts: 2,954
Sloppy Joes and a sweetened fruity cabbage salad
__________________

__________________
Whiskadoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #23
Master Chef
 
DaveSoMD's Avatar
Site Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,038
BLTs here with some baked bean, coleslaw, and some steamed broccoli.
__________________
Quoth the chicken, "Fry some more."
AB - Good Eats: Fry Hard II
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:11 PM   #24
Wine Guy
 
Steve Kroll's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Twin Cities, Minnesota
Posts: 5,418
It's almost 60F here in the great white north. I am taking the grill (and myself) out of hibernation!

Tonight will be Steelhead Trout and.... something. I'm winging it right now.
__________________
Steve Kroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:17 PM   #25
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Well, since it is a little late in the day to start walking to Canada, I won't be doing what I want to do, which is running back and forth between Laurie's and Alix's and eating with them. Tonight we will have the chicken breast tenders, potatoes, and a vegetable (probably broccoli). I think I will lightly coat the chicken tenders in some spiced-up potato flakes and oven-fry them. I think I will do sweet potatoes instead of russets.
Heh heh heh! You'd burn off a crapload of calories running between OUR houses! You are welcome for dinner whenever you get yourself here. I'll feed you up and then roll you downhill and aim you at Laurie's place.
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:19 PM   #26
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Heh heh heh! You'd burn off a crapload of calories running between OUR houses! You are welcome for dinner whenever you get yourself here. I'll feed you up and then roll you downhill and aim you at Laurie's place.
Well, after the 3,000 (?) mile walk, I'm liable to be pretty hungry, so I will definitely take you up on that!
__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #27
Senior Cook
 
rozz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 122
Skillet jalapeno cornbread and chicken chili.
__________________
rozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:30 PM   #28
Everymom
 
Alix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Edmonton, Alberta
Posts: 23,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara L View Post
Well, after the 3,000 (?) mile walk, I'm liable to be pretty hungry, so I will definitely take you up on that!
I checked, its 2061 miles, 3318 km from you to me. Only 504 miles, 812 kms from me to Laurie. So if its 12 hours driving to Laurie's, it would be 50+ hours driving to get to you. Yikes!
__________________
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:32 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire
 
taxlady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: near Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 18,894
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
We are feeling well enough that we are going out to eat. We will be going to the nearby Chinese buffet that has a no MSG table and waiters who are always happy to see us. Food's not the best Chinese going, but there is plenty of tasty stuff. I should even be able to find enough stuff that is low carb.
__________________
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #30
Traveling Welcome Wagon
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Somewhere, US
Posts: 15,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I checked, its 2061 miles, 3318 km from you to me. Only 504 miles, 812 kms from me to Laurie. So if its 12 hours driving to Laurie's, it would be 50+ hours driving to get to you. Yikes!
Well, I'm not just saying this--we do intend to make it up there to visit you both. Not sure how soon, but we will do it!

And if we drive, we will have to take those teeny little Rockies into consideration (re. miles).
__________________

__________________
Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dinner

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.