What's for Dinner - Tuesday 06 March 2012

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're sort of between Laurie and me. Barbara should swing up here first, then hit the two of you on the downswing. Either that or she should go all the way out to Laurie, pick her up, stop and get you and then all of you come on up for a great big hen party!
HMMMMMMMMMMM Well I'm south east of you all. So maybe I should pick them up first then end at your house.
You have such a way with plating, MsM! Looks lovely!
Thank you DL.
YUMMY!! I had to move my keyboard away from me due to my drooling!!

Poached eggs... in a cup? As in, made in the cup? I would love to know more!

It sounds like there are a lot of good things a-cookin' at so many of your houses tonight. Would be happy to be at any one! Tonight I'm taking it easy - minute rice with some tomato sauce and leftover macaroni-beef casserole. Odd mix, but I asked my fella what he wanted with the casserole and he wanted the rice. :huh:

I think these are what Ms M uses. I keep meaning to get some but have fears my culinary instructor would find out and hunt me down! :rolleyes:

Silicone Egg Poachers | Solutions.com - YouTube
Yup thats what I use. I serve in a cup rather than on toast.

I think these are what Ms M uses. I keep meaning to get some but have fears my culinary instructor would find out and hunt me down! :rolleyes:

I feel silly for not knowing something like that existed! I've attempted poached eggs once - the "drop into a pot of boiling water" method. And ended up with stringy egg soup :neutral:

PM'ed you the recipe. It's really easy to make, damn near idiot-proof. I should know, being a well-trained idiot. :)
Thanks again!! Easy recipes are everyone's favourite!! Can't wait to give it a try. Mmmmmm!!!

HMMMMMMMMMMM Well I'm south east of you all. So maybe I should pick them up first then end at your house.

Thank you DL.

Pick me up after Barbara, that way we only have to duck across the border once...The Montana Border Patrol is coming out of hibernation...

Attachments

• montana_border_patrol.jpg
    montana_border_patrol.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 151
Pick me up after Barbara, that way we only have to duck across the border once...The Montana Border Patrol is coming out of hibernation...
And I guess that means I am hiking across the Rockies alone? :(

I'll have to hitch a ride with this guy - Our Mountain Goats are probably the best guides in the region :)!

Attachments

• Mountain-Goat-Cathedral-Park.jpg
    Mountain-Goat-Cathedral-Park.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 208
I feel silly for not knowing something like that existed! I've attempted poached eggs once - the "drop into a pot of boiling water" method. And ended up with stringy egg soup :neutral:
Don't feel silly! The pods are something fairly new, found mostly in gourmet kitchen shops (at least here anyway). Oh, and the secret to the drop into boiling water method is to add some vinegar - that will keep them together - and if you want good presentation you can cut off any straggling ends....(honest, that's what some of the pros do!)

I'll have to hitch a ride with this guy - Our Mountain Goats are probably the best guides in the region :)!
James and I (aka: Helga the Mighty Viking Queen and James Moses the Pirate) will not need the help of the Mountain Goat Guides and will have no trouble getting past the Montana Border Patrol!

Attachments

• Helga the Mighty Viking Queen and James Moses the Pirate.jpg
    Helga the Mighty Viking Queen and James Moses the Pirate.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 159
James and I (aka: Helga the Mighty Viking Queen and James Moses the Pirate) will not need the help of the Mountain Goat Guides and will have no trouble getting past the Montana Border Patrol!

But if you get lost the goat becomes dinner... :LOL:

No, No...we are heading to BC first then over to Alix's. We need to be sure we have enough bod...er people if we get stuck in the Rockies.:rolleyes:

If we require the services of the Mountain Goat Guides, it will be to show us to the nearest steak house or Mexican restaurant! :LOL:
We even have goats who live on a Farm Market Roof! I am sure you could find some food there. Only trouble is you would be REALLY LOST because they are on Vancouver Island - Opposite side of the province totally from Alberta! :LOL:

No, No...we are heading to BC first then over to Alix's. We need to be sure we have enough bod...er people if we get stuck in the Rockies.:rolleyes:

Remember, I am not much good in the getting unstuck part - but I could use my cane to "encourage" the rest of you! I think I am better off with the goats....no offense but I will meet you there! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Looks lovely MM! I can just imagine dunking the buttermilk biscuits into the poached eggs........mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

Now that is a whopper!!! That sausage would certainly keep you going for a while:) Thanks for posting.

Thank you JJUK. I love dipping eggs!!

UMMMMMMMMMMMM HMMMMMMMMMMM I may need to rethink this.

Fish tacos. Wrong post, that's Thursday. Tuesday was husband's birthday, and it was My Cousin Joanna's New Mexico Green Chili Stew. It was yummy, and gallons of it disappeared.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom